Dumb question

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a simple way to select a group for further editing? If I click on it in the graphical part of the keymapper, it only selects the sample(split) within the group. Right now I'm doing it by clicking+shift clicking the collection of splits that comprise the group, in the group list. This is a little cumbersome because one false click deselects them.

I haven't found this mentioned in the manual, but I haven't yet read every word.

Great plugin! I hope enough people are purchasing licenses to make it worth your while to continue.

Ehm... I think mayhaps you are mixing up what a split and a group are?
A group is a set of splits, when clicking either the rectangle in the graphical editor or the top-level items in the group list you are selecting a group. Shift/ctrl-clicking selects more than one.

All sound shaping settings are on the group level - i.e filters, envelopes etc. Selecting more than one group and editing this will set several groups values to the same, but they are still distinct. The sound settings of a group affects all the splits (samples) in it.

Contrary, you can only select one single split at a time - this will be the one with the start key at/closest lower to clicking in the editor. However, a split only have sample/matrix + loop selection to edit, no sound shaping.

I hope I understood the question, and managed to answer it somewhat comprehensively.

And I would not say no to a few more license sales, no...

Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Yes, I am confused, but that's no surprise as I get confused quite easily when learning a new piece of software.

What would you call a collection of samples, all velocity layered and assigned to a single key, as one might have when creating one piece of a drumkit? This results in a stack of samples above the key to which they are assigned (in the graphic editor).

I had originally assumed that this was a group, but became puzzled when I discovered that each individual sample within this stack can have its own AEG, filter, modulation table, etc.

Regardless, I am hoping to find a quick way to select all of the samples over a single key, so the sounding shaping editing will be applied to all them simultaneously. When the total number of samples loaded is huge, it's actually quite hard to locate the pertinent samples in the list, and select them.

It's certainly not a deal breaker. I am impressed that you are offering such a marvelous piece of software at such a low price. I spend more than that on groceries every day.

(Note: this should be fairly well covered in the manual, but I'll do a quick writeup anyway)

Well, groups map keyboard ranges, where each multi-sample wave is represented by a single "split". If you want to build velocity layers you must either create separate groups for each velocity layer, or you can use the wave matrix to build 1- or 2-dimensional sample switchers. In your case with drums, you would for example build a matrix that maps drum velocity in the Y-axis (controlled by velocity), and then maybe add variations in the X-axis (controlled by round-robin or randomness or whatever).

A matrix can then be mapped just like a single sample into a split in a group.
This makes it easy to build really complex sample sets without group clutter. And matrix files can be stored in your sample library for easy access, which can save a lot of time the next time you are building a drum kit with similar, but not exactly the same, samples.

Note that the wave matrix is a pro feature, but if you didn't register already, you can turn on the pro features for evaluation.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

OK, thanks. I bought a license a few weeks ago but have not read the part of the manual about matrices, thinking it's too advanced for a beginner.

I was simply dragging in several (velocity related) samples at a time and dropping them on a key. TX16Wx was doing a fine job of automatically velocity layering them over that key, provided I enabled that switch near the top left of the mapper.

So you are saying that each of those layers is a group? I guess I have serious group clutter, then. :oops:

I will study the manual more before posting further questions...

Tip: Select all the groups created by drag-drop and then choose "create matrix from velocity layers". Very quick way to build matrixes.

Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Return to “CWITEC”