discoDSP Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:49 pm i once saw danni behr at the circus.
worst f**king night out ever.

free lap dance?

they're never "free"...

discoDSP wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:34 am Discovery Pro synth has been praised by many top musician like Terry Lawless, U2 keyboardist. I don't think your opinion is of any relevance at all.
No wonder this stuff has to be given away for 50% and more.
You should significantly improve your customer service and learn from the good people (e.g. the already mentioned Urs Heckmann), develop better plugins and stop spamming. Then there is a small chance that users will stop laughing about Spammer-George and DiscoDSP.

Btw. Sorry for Tim Tanaka that he has to see the bad reputation of DiscoDSP and George.

Its not often you see a developer aim to deliver the business management skills of Wusik with the people skills of Admiral Quality and Gol...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

discoDSP wrote: Yeah sure... I will go to therapy for 10 years because of your non-purchase. Is this clown infested thread going to be locked already?
And do not refuse to take your medicine!
This is hillarious at best or just plain stupid. If you can‘t handle/stand angry customers change business for god‘s sake!

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:57 pm Its not often you see a developer aim to deliver the business management skills of Wusik with the people skills of Admiral Quality and Gol...
quite an achievement really

discoDSP wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:34 am Discovery Pro synth has been praised by many top musician like Terry Lawless, U2 keyboardist. I don't think your opinion is of any relevance at all.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: this one got me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nobody:
discodsp: let's completely trash our business

audiojunkie wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:54 pm
AnX wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:22 am
audiojunkie wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:01 pm So, on this Cloud thing....

We pay one one-time-yearly fee, and for all updates, for all of the DiscoDSP software licenses that we own, we get brought up to the latest version and get all additional updates to it for the course of that year? Then, if we want to get the updates for all of the instruments we own for the next year, we pay another one-time fee? And currently with the summer sale going on, we only have to pay $14.50? If that is true, that doesn't sound bad at all. Can someone at DiscoDSP confirm? :)

suppose your HD dies, or your PC, or your house burns down etc etc. Shit happens.

You then have to pay 30 bux to redownload something you have already paid for

theres the scam

where is the guarantee that this ADDITIONAL fee will include any updates? (not bug fixes)
That’s ludicrous! Suppose you crash your new car on the freeway. The dealer doesn’t owe you a new one. Suppose you scratched your new Blue ray disk and it no longer works. Should a movie theater let you in again for free to watch the same show again, just because you lost the plot? Make a backup like sane people do. I lost a year and a half of family pictures because my old hard drive finally failed and I didn’t make a backup. Should I expect the hard drive manufacturer to replace my out of warranty hard drive or should I sue because I lost my pictures? You were given a period of time to download the application for no additional cost when you bought it.
This isn't about backups - it's about current updates. I can't access the current update of Discovery Pro despite the fact that it is a free update and neither can I access future bugfixes (I accept that at some point paid updates will happen, there is no entitlement there, I just want to access what was already paid for)

AnX wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:45 am
jacqueslacouth wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:19 am Not to jump to the defence of this but on looking at the email from my original purchase back in 2012 I found this...
"The URL is valid until 27-NOV-2012.

Please remember to make a backup copy of the software, e.g. on CD. We may
not be able to provide a new copy of the product you purchased free of
charge, if lost"

Sort of suggests George has not actually changed anything, rather, chosen to take advantage of a condition that he previously let go.
most companies send a time limited link when you buy software, but you always have free access to it if you need it again.
True , but maintaining a server or cloud service costs money and I guess that's only reason why disco dsp is charging for it .
He just can't maintain the free uploads anymore , iow he's doing financially really bad
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

4damind wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:07 am I don't like this spammer from DiscoDSP. As far as I know, the guy is just advertising and trying to sell the crap that others have developed.
Whatever... after my tests the plugins have a rather simple quality, nothing I would use in 2019 and nothing for professional use.
That's a far stretch ,
Yes most of disco dsp synth are coded by third parties , but discovery's zdf filters are george's work and they sound marvelous :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Wow. I’ve been a proponent of Discovery Pro for many years. It definitely quenched my need for a Nord Lead, and after the last major filter update, I sold me 2x. Nothing else he’s made has really seemed that compelling to me, but to be honest, I tend to go for hardware synths these days, unless there’s something really special or weird about a plugin. I’m not saying the rest of his collection is bad in any way, just not for me.

I’ll no longer recommend Discovery Pro... or DiscoDSP at all. $29 a year just to download your plugin and get updates? How about adding some cool feature and then ask for a $29 update fee? I don’t think anyone (well, there’s always those idiots... :facepalm:) would really complain about that. I understand that having your own business is hard. I run my own business and its nearly impossible to get clients or sales for my book unless I really hussle. A lot of the time it feels like I’m working for nothing, but thinking that you can somehow milk customers for things that most the other developers provide for free is a huge mistake. I doubt many will bite, and in the end you just have a giant public relations mess.

Want to make money and garner good will from this community? Pick a synth that hasn’t been emulated and do a kick ass emulation. Ensoniq and E-Mu are ripe for the pick’n. Make a good virtual Fizmo and we’ll be talking about it for years.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I’d be contacting Plugin Alliance and have them distribute it and do customer service. It’s a win win IMO.

That said, I’m obviously not completely familiar with the nitty gritty of a PA distributor contract but I would be investigating it.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Nice, among with Elton John now we have U2's praise for plugins, I must get them as soon as possible.

discoDSP wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:34 am
4damind wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:07 am I don't like this spammer from DiscoDSP. As far as I know, the guy is just advertising and trying to sell the crap that others have developed.
Whatever... after my tests the plugins have a rather simple quality, nothing I would use in 2019 and nothing for professional use.
Says who? Oh yes, a ordinary guy with the most unoriginal music ever written since Mozart. Discovery Pro synth has been praised by many top musician like Terry Lawless, U2 keyboardist. I don't think your opinion is of any relevance at all.

Oh, and regarding the people who want to go legal... these lawyers seem the best for you.
What people do with synths they purchased should not be mentioned, and, in the worst case, be attacked, in any case. Music should never be attacked. You can like the music, hate it, or have nothing to care about it, but it's all personal things.

The only mission/goal of a synthesizer developper/team is to offer the best possible instruments they can provide to musicians.
It ends here, and imho, it's a beautiful one, and far enough to fill one's life.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:31 pm That's a far stretch ,
Yes most of disco dsp synth are coded by third parties , but discovery's zdf filters are george's work and they sound marvelous :tu:
I just noticed that the original developer of Discovery died (?) and so it got more complicated because he doesn't have the necessary DSP knowledge for further development.
I don't think the plugins are of a high quality and I don't think anyone will compare them to U-He, Arturia, Reveal Sound, Xils or other known developers. The plugins are IMO under the radar and probably won't sell well either.

This "George" is IMO just a spammer who doesn't want to win new customers and chases away old customers. You just have to read his comments and some will think: "I will never buy anything from this nutcase".

Return to “Instruments”