Unloved synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2 Aparillo ArcSyn BioTek 2 Carbon Electra Codex Wavetable Synth Cypher2 Hybrid 3 Strobe2 TAL-Mod

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:09 am I always thought that Oxium would be a bigger deal than it ended up being. Maybe if they had added a wavetable oscillator people would have gone bananas for it, as is the fashion.
Maybe. Also, if it were prettier.

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:12 am
0degree wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:56 pm
Eirikur wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:36 pm Arcsyn is my go-to synth. It just sounds good to me. I seriously start out with some quirky inspiring instrument and then decide that I want the sound quality I'd get with Arcsyn.
ArcSyn indeed sounds amazing but the provided skins are IMO horrible :?
It’s not going to win any beauty contests, but it’s clear and well laid out.
No interest in pretty graphics. If a synth sounds good and is user friendly that's all that matters to me.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

JoeCat wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:14 am
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:09 am I always thought that Oxium would be a bigger deal than it ended up being. Maybe if they had added a wavetable oscillator people would have gone bananas for it, as is the fashion.
It's almost like Xils made it deliberately ugly so people would be steered to their other synths. :hihi:
A well-behaved signature.

folderol wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:09 am
No interest in pretty graphics. If a synth sounds good and is user friendly that's all that matters to me.
indeed, but i have to disagree that the guis are horrible. the silver/blue one is far from it. sheeesh. :roll:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I thought Helix would have been more popular. I don't think it's being developed anymore but is still for sale.

Examigan wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:56 am I thought Helix would have been more popular. I don't think it's being developed anymore but is still for sale.
TBH, I could never get into the GUI. Plus it sounds good, but, I have at least 5 or 6 synths which sound better to me, so.

Actually the oscillators sound great. It's rather the envelopes and the filters which I didn't find THAT good. Nice synth, but, nothing I ever booted up instead of my other synths. It catches dust now, because I can't sell it, but, that's alright. :)

lastmessiah wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:41 pm Cypher 2 and Strobe 2 - more advanced and powerful than most of the VSTs that people rave about.
Totally agree... I'll add ANA2 and Aparillo to this list

lastmessiah wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:41 pm
Cypher 2 and Strobe 2 - more advanced and powerful than most of the VSTs that people rave about.
UX is such a drag tho. I sold cypher2, kept Strobe.

Local Man wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:47 am
It's kind of like the opposite phenomenon of something going viral.
Let's call it 'going bacterial.'
I like "going fungal" myself. Wait... no, no, no, I didn't mean that kind of fungus..
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Local Man wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:47 am
e-crooner wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:04 pm I don't believe in conspiracies, so when most people don't like a synth, there are probably good reasons for that.
There doesn't have to be a conspiracy for something that is good to go unnoticed for whatever reason.

It's kind of like the opposite phenomenon of something going viral.
Let's call it 'going bacterial.'
'Going viral' is odd, the negative meaning of virus has been removed, which, by the way, is exactly the same as if we said going bacterial.

Anyway, I don't think that logic applies here. It's not that people don't know plugins that are not very popular. They are always introduced here on KVR for instance. Many people will try the demos, but for some reasons most just won't buy them.

or many will buy them all!!!!

pikachu i choose you!

Looked at ArcSyn after this thread and it's on my list. I love these kind of synths.

Kaivo
Harmor
Both amazing IMO.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

JerGoertz wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:16 am
JoeCat wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:14 am
It's almost like Xils made it deliberately ugly so people would be steered to their other synths. :hihi:
Even the 'classic' Ice White' skin ?

http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

folderol wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:09 am
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:12 am
0degree wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:56 pm
Eirikur wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:36 pm Arcsyn is my go-to synth. It just sounds good to me. I seriously start out with some quirky inspiring instrument and then decide that I want the sound quality I'd get with Arcsyn.
ArcSyn indeed sounds amazing but the provided skins are IMO horrible :?
It’s not going to win any beauty contests, but it’s clear and well laid out.
ArcSyn's dark skin is fine...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”