SoundCloud links not showing up

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I posted a SoundCloud link in my latest music cafe thread, but instead of the link, it just shows up blank: viewtopic.php?t=580645
If I go and edit the post, the SC link is there for sure, but as said, in the actual post it's like it's not even there. Is this a KVR or SoundCloud issue? or both?

Looks fine to me :shrug:
Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 15.18.43.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

OK, that's weird indeed. For me all SC links just show up as blank. So it's not a site issue then but something on my end.
Thanks for checking :)

If the URL is naked it'll be hidden when the embedded player is loaded.

If the text of the link is something else (e.g. "my cool song" and not just xxx://soundcloud.com/abc123) it will still also display as a link.

Okay false alarm. It was a Firefox addon which for some inexplicable reason suddenly decided to block soundcloud embeddings entirely (even if I've explicitly told it NOT to). Why the embedded player worked on a few other forums I frequent is still a mystery to me.
edit: now I see what the problem was. I had whitelisted (by the looks of it) the widget subdomains of soundcloud, while the top level domain was not whitelisted (so it blocked all remote content from soundcloud). Why this worked before, I can't say. Something in the way KVR loads the embedded player is my best guess.

Return to “Site Stuff”