Bounce or Bounce in Place

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still confused with the Bitwig Bounce and Bounce in place.

If I take one Midi track and "Bounce", it makes a new Audio track with the resulting bounce. Is that now INCLUDING the effects from the Midi track, or not?

If I Bounce in place, then it removes the Midi, and substitutes an Audio track on the same track. Pre that Audio track does not include the effects 8as they are still on the Midi track)?

Is it possible to reverse a "Bounce in place" and get the Midi back?

Is it possible to Bounce to a new track and copy also the effects to that track (coming from Cubase this is the way I used to do things)?

Ultrabra wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:06 am Is it possible to reverse a "Bounce in place" and get the Midi back?
Is it possible to Bounce to a new track and copy also the effects to that track (coming from Cubase this is the way I used to do things)?
1. Ctrl+z for Undo .. or my Workflow looks like that I "save" my Midi Track to the Clip launcher on the left side. So I still have all the original Midi information available. This is one of the advantages of the hybrid tracks.

2. Different DAW, different Workflow :) I think with the upper solution you are even quicker with only one Track. Instead of creating a new track, copying/moving FX devices from one track to the other and having at the end two tracks.

I use this feature every time when I prepare my techno live performances :
1-on OSX, select and drag&drop the midi click by holding the shift key to an audio track. If you want the effect on the midi track to be includes, there must be nested in the midi plugin instrument.
2-if you want the plugin instruments with the inserts of the midi track to be included :
solo the midi track (or tracks you want to record) set an audio track to master input and record the master out to that audio track.

That the ways it is more convenient for me, for a live performance, I can bounce near a hundred of midi clips, particularly the solution N°1 which is a time saver, only one click&drag to do.

Return to “Bitwig”