I have a bug that affects all Ample Sound plugins, including paid ones. [SOLVED]

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello! First of all, thank you for your amazing plugins. Your guitars are the only ones that sound and act like a real one.
I've discovered you very recently, and have spent the last few days learning how to use your plugins.
I finally have the hang of it, but... I realized there's a huge issue ^^'. Whenever I try to draw a custom pattern in the strummer mode, the chord doesn't play all the strings.

Here is how to reproduce the bug:

- In the strummer tab, choose a chord that uses all strings. Erase the default pattern.
- Make a Down strum to check it does use all of the strings. At first, it worked for me.
- Then make an Up one. It will only use four or three strings. Fair enough.
- Make a Down again, and then... it only uses four strings too. Even though it had used all of them before! This isn't a matter of "compatibility with previous strum": even by pausing and restarting the strum later, it does that.
- Worse than that, starting from then, the strummer will only use four strings all the time. Reloading the plugin doesn't change it. Restarting the DAW and changing project either. From then on, as soon as I try a custom pattern, my chords are incomplete. Even though the point of the Strummer tab is to get chords...
- I can load a default pattern and all the strings will be played, but as soon as I try to modify it, the chords are broken.

Frankly, this makes the Strummer tab unusable.
How can I solve this issue, aside from reinstalling everything? Is there a hidden setting somewhere that lets us control the strings that are played? That would be neat, to be honest.

I am using Soundbridge, but the issue happens in the plugin itself. Thank you for your help!

EDIT : OK, I have found the hidden setting, right after posting this -_-'. It happens to me all the time...
Anyway, I'm leaving the solution here in case someone has a similar issue : at the bottom right of the plugin, there is a setting called SEQ note velocity. Make it higher to hit all strings, and if you don't want all strings, make it lower. It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Return to “Ample Sound”