Issues I've found

The KVR Studio Manager Public Beta

denizen wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 am Dada Life
The plugin hasn't been updated for quite a while.

Dada Life.png
This was wrong in the PDB. Now fixed. Thanks.

denizen wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 am Applied Acoustic Systems
AAS KVR plugins.png
AAS plugins seem to report incorrect versions to KSM.

denizen wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 am Cherry Audio

This was purchased as a pair with Solovox. Could Novachord be reporting the version number of the Solovox?

Cherry Audio.pngCherry Audio 2.png
They are listed in the PDB as a bundle so the highest number available is checked, which is 1.0.3. We'll have to live with that.

denizen wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am Plugin Alliance

Kiive XTComp

PA KIIVE.png
The PDB listing was pointing to an old Xtressor listing and using its version number. Now fixed. Thanks.

denizen wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 am Sound Particles

AirMusic
1.0.2 on the plugin GUI
1.0.2 in Cubase
1.0.2 on website
Last updated 2022

Sound Particles.png
AirMusic isn't in the PDB but the AirMusic plugins were incorrectly associated with Air. Now removed so they should now show as not found (until AirMusic is added to the PDB).

denizen wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 am Universal Audio

UADx Fairchild 660 Compressor

1.0.9 on the plugin GUI
1.0.9 in Cubase
1.0.10 in the installer. But when the row is expanded there are 2 plugins, the 660 @ v1.0.9 & the 670 @ v1.0.10

Is the KVR SM mistakenly pointing to the 670 plugin?

Universal Audio.png
These are in the PDB as a bundle - UADx Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection. So only the higher number is checked.

Ben [KVR] wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am
AAS KVR plugins.png
Would you prefer to approach them yourselves, or should I log a ticket with them? I'm just imagining 40 of us logging the same issue might get a bit annoying! But if you've not got the time, I'd be happy to do it.

Focusrite

UPDATED: Issue was resolved with reboot and some diagnostics with Focusrite. Error at my end.

FAST Plugins...
----===Posting this as a warning to help anyone else avoid the same trap as me===----

Its proven really difficult to get updated installers authorized for these.
The following is how far I've got. I'm now waiting for the Focusrite service desk
How I did it....
1. Logged into my 'The Collective' account. Go to 'My account'
2. There was 1 plugin I hadn't purchased, Balancer. (The plugins I purchased had nothing selectable).
3. There was a link at the bottom of the section, 'Show me FAST Balancer'. Clicked that.
4. It brings up the page for the product. Clicked on the 'Try for free' link. It opened a dialogue with a list of the plugins.
5. I downloaded each individually and installed from there. Note: The top one says 'Download All' but doesn't work.
6. There is no version number in the file name but it pops up on the installer so I could cross reference to KVR SM to check that it was the latest version.
7. Now to open in my DAW (Cubase) each plugin loaded in demo mode with the not so informative message that 'Something when wrong An error has occurred you've been signed out of your account, please login to continue OK/Need Help?'
8. On OK it loads in demo mode. I clicked the settings button to login which took me to another screen with user, email & status fields and a Login button.
9. On clicking this a login screen appears asking for an Activation code. If you don't have one you can click the Get New Code link but nothing happens.

Now I wait....

Focusrite.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by denizen on Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

denizen wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 am Boz Digital Labs

Most were updated correctly but these last ones are persistent!

Boz Digital Labs.png
These should now be accurate. You'll still have reports of KVR newer for those where 1.x have been superseded by 2.x.

denizen wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 am
Ben [KVR] wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am
AAS KVR plugins.png
Would you prefer to approach them yourselves, or should I log a ticket with them? I'm just imagining 40 of us logging the same issue might get a bit annoying! But if you've not got the time, I'd be happy to do it.
Feel free. We have contacted some devs about versioning issues, I'm not sure if AAS was one of them.

denizen wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am u-He

Tyrell N6

3.0.0 on the plugin GUI
3.0.0 in Cubase
3.0.0 on Amazona website (referred from u-He)

u-He.png
A known issue: https://u-he.com/products/tyrelln6/releasenotes.html

I've set it back to 3.0.0 for sanity.

Boz Digital Labs (Again)

Little Clipper 2

Curiously this appears twice in my list as 'Up to date' and 'KVR Newer'. Yet there is only one VST3 file on my system. (I've double checked and have only specified 1 path and there's not another copy hidden in another subfolder!
Little Clipper 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

denizen wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am Tracktion

Collective
1.3.3 in the Download Manager
1.3.3 on the plugin GUI
1.3.3 in Cubase
1.3.3 on the website

Traktion.png
Also now fixed.

denizen wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 pm Boz Digital Labs (Again)

Little Clipper 2

Curiously this appears twice in my list as 'Up to date' and 'KVR Newer'. Yet there is only one VST3 file on my system. (I've double checked and have only specified 1 path and there's not another copy hidden in another subfolder!

Little Clipper 2.png
Now that is odd! If you right click each one and choose Show in Explorer / Finder does it go to the same plugin?

It may be a corrupt cache. If you clear the list and rescan it'll probably go away. If not, clear list, close KSM then reopen and rescan.

Ben [KVR] wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm
denizen wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 pm Boz Digital Labs (Again)

Little Clipper 2

Little Clipper 2.png

Now that is odd! If you right click each one and choose Show in Explorer / Finder does it go to the same plugin?

It may be a corrupt cache. If you clear the list and rescan it'll probably go away. If not, clear list, close KSM then reopen and rescan.

Yes both 'show in explorer' links to the same plugin. Rescanning from fresh fixed it. Thanks! But there are other issues...

During rescan on finding an iZotope product the following error message would pop up and the scan pauses

KVR error on iZotope products.png

Then on OK it continues to process that plugin and then errors immediately on hitting another iZotope plugin. Sometimes with this slightly more fulsome message.

KVR error on izotope products 2.png

But which requires multiple clicks to get through.

iZotope does tend to do some weird stuff (e.g. putting vst2 plugins in the vst3 folder) so it wouldn't be a surprise to me if they are out on their own on this one!

I did a complete reinstall of iZotope products which fixed this.
The problem was I deleted the vst2s that were installed in the vst3 folder cos... logic!

Last edited by denizen on Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “KVR Studio Manager”