Offline rendering issue / warning

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lokanchung wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:04 pm Seems like you are confused with sample format(16bit int, 24bit int, 32bit float, 64bit float...) and processor architecture (32bit system vs 64bit system)
1378919320102020 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:58 pm if he/she does a video, maybe it's easier to understand coz i duno......
Since we are talking about technical issues, you might wanna do some own research before jumping into discussion.
that's why i'm not giving solutions & questionning... ^

look all posts, not only mines...

lokanchung wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:50 pm Voxgengo and TDR? Wow gotta check them for myself too.
I always had mere "feeling" that something's a bit off when I exported songs. Thanks for the list
sorry, i understand now what OP reports... (missed that post)

.... & so i can't say coz i use BWS 2 & maybe it's a (still) an issue to solve..

:without-help:

Yes, so for example, if you have two identical tracks and you put a plugin on one of them that has higher quality offline rendering options, you can end up with very corrupt result. When you play it in realtime it will sound fine. When you play the bounce it will be wrong.

UPDATE: Seems Soothe, DMG & TDK working fine now. (that's encouraging)

Problem remains in: Dynone, DSEQ3, Kazrog True Dynamics, Voxengio (doesn't seem to reporting latency quite right at all), and probably more plugs that i don't own - so be careful.

Here is an example of a track that sounds fine when played live but is obviously wrong bounced: https://bit.ly/3iHrDha

Of course it's easy to spot when playing an identical track like this, the danger is when you use them on different tracks that are not the same type - you may easily not initially notice that your instruments or some drum hit have become out of time etc...

This should be reported to the plugin devs…

as a work around, perhaps disable those plugins, bounce, and enable them and bounce again... that way you can zoom in to both tracks and line up the one that is behind

i don't know how this would be fixed, though... do plugins report updated latency when bouncing in "offline mode" (not real-time)?

what about in other daws?

Just a couple of responses from Devs regarding their findings with Bitwig:

From TB Audio:

"OK, did some more and intensive tests. It seems that Bitwig is not able to handle latency changes during offline-rendering, which is necessary when you use different offline- sample rate/quality modes.
Regards
TBProAudio"

Kazrog:
"Your host does not support seperate offline rendering modes".

From Bitwig support:
"this is not a bug but more of a feature wish, it just does not support different settings for realtime and offline rendering."

Interesting that DMG, Oeksound & Tokyo Dawn Labs implementation works fine though... maybe their 'offline quality' settings don't actually change the latency at all.

Anyway, another one to watch out for.

askewd wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:22 pm Just a couple of responses from Devs regarding their findings with Bitwig:

From TB Audio:

"OK, did some more and intensive tests. It seems that Bitwig is not able to handle latency changes during offline-rendering, which is necessary when you use different offline- sample rate/quality modes.
Regards
TBProAudio"

Kazrog:

From Bitwig support:
"this is not a bug but more of a feature wish, it just does not support different settings for realtime and offline rendering."

Interesting that DMG, Oeksound & Tokyo Dawn Labs implementation works fine though... maybe their 'offline quality' settings don't actually change the latency at all.

Great info. Seem like this should be a feature request. So many plugins offer this feature.

Are there any other major DAWs that don't support different settings for realtime and offline rendering?
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:12 pm
askewd wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:22 pm Just a couple of responses from Devs regarding their findings with Bitwig:

From TB Audio:

Regards
TBProAudio"

Kazrog:

From Bitwig support:

Great info. Seem like this should be a feature request. So many plugins offer this feature.

Are there any other major DAWs that don't support different settings for realtime and offline rendering?
I recently found out that Ableton unfortunately seems to be one of those DAWs, which don't support offline oversampling settings to be applied to the signal:

viewtopic.php?t=581067

Return to “Bitwig”