No Audio Devices Found?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone else have the issue where Bitwig can't find any audio devices? When I click on the dropdown, nothing happens, and clicking the refresh icon doesn't change anything. All the other DAWs on this machine have no issues finding the audio device.

Specs are:
Win 8.1
Balance audio device
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

daytwa wrote:Anyone else have the issue where Bitwig can't find any audio devices? When I click on the dropdown, nothing happens, and clicking the refresh icon doesn't change anything. All the other DAWs on this machine have no issues finding the audio device.

Specs are:
Win 8.1
Balance audio device
You probably need to contact support
Studio One, OS X 10.0, M-Audio Oxygen 25 keyboard.
Old websites:
http://www.bitwigtutorials.net Free Bitwig Studio tutorials
http://www.macableton.com Free Ableton Live and Mac tutorials.

Yeah, looks like it. Was hoping that someone else might have ran into this problem and solved it before I contact Bitwig directly. I imagine the amount of tech support requests are huge given this being launch day.

You could give running Bitwig as Admin a quick try.

Some people had success with setting the audio device to non-exclusive mode in the windows audio options...
In case something else is blocking the driver...

Otherwise I agree with contacting support - huge load or not ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Same here, Edirol FA66 is showing up under WASAPI and causes an error, not under ASIO.

This happens on my OSX 10.9.2 as well.

/K

Did you get an answer from support?

I haven't. :-(

/K
kennyda wrote:
daytwa wrote:Anyone else have the issue where Bitwig can't find any audio devices? When I click on the dropdown, nothing happens, and clicking the refresh icon doesn't change anything. All the other DAWs on this machine have no issues finding the audio device.

Specs are:
Win 8.1
Balance audio device
You probably need to contact support

I'm having the same issue. I have multiple audio devices on my system and Bitwig isn't recognizing any of them. It's not allowing me to select anything which means nothing else can happen with this software until this is resolved.
MacBook Pro" i7 2.9GHz, 16GB RAM | MacOS Ventura | PreSonus Studio 824c Interface | Bitwig Studio 5.1

Whoops. I just posted a duplicate topic: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=406906

+1 for this issue though. I actually have three audio interfaces plugged in right now (don't ask.. I have a problem) and nothing is showing up.

Artales wrote:Same here, Edirol FA66 is showing up under WASAPI and causes an error, not under ASIO.
My Edirol FA66 is neither appearing when trying to use ASIO. I can't activate any dropdown dialog within the ASIO dialogue at all. WASAPI is working here.
"Too many protest singers, not enough protest songs" E. Collins

I have the same issue on OSX Mavericks :(

Artales wrote:Same here, Edirol FA66 is showing up under WASAPI and causes an error, not under ASIO.
i have same problem.
edirol fa 66, windows7 64bit.
no asio. only windos wasapi.
good news is sound is coming out.

had no problem with ableton 9.1 asio.

i emailed contact. no answer.
but i understand there'd be craaaaaaazy amount of emials infront of them.

I see I'm not alone with this issue.
I can't select my Presonus Firebox audio device. -Windows 7 64bit.
No ASIO. I can only choose Windows Wasapi.

I don't have this problem with Reaper, Reason, Studio One, Sonar, etc.

Bitwig, what's the deal?
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

That is weird, since I used a Presonus Firebox with ASIO for months in betatesting without a hitch... ;-).

Sorry, no idea what could be wrong, but make sure you download the latest version and send the problem to support...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Could this be a JAVA problems since this occurs on both Windows and OSX?

I mean OSX should be a no brainer as audio drivers are built in for internal audio interfaces?

All reports indicates that other DAWs have no problems detecting the sound cards only Bitwig.

When looking in the about box it indicates that Bitwig is written in Java?

Is Java bundled in the app or does it use Java on the system?

/K

Return to “Bitwig”