UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Definitely Falcon 2. The teaser shows the familiar Falcon icon, but now with two dots instead of one.

What should they add ?
Wavetabel ... No
additive Synthesis... No
Sampling ... No
Modulations sources ... No

A Swiss army knife ... Maybe
Falcon as an Effect ... would be cool but unlikely

Ok the bird flies around since 4 years, but it would be a crazy jump from 1.6.6 to 2.0.0
So only thing could be a new Falcon add-on which is also highly unlikely

I can´t think of any really groundbreaking stuff but
maybe a Falcon 2.0 could have its own big sample library
Could be that Uvi bought back more things from Motu

More and better of all for Example Physical modelling synthesis could be improved, more effects

Ok so maybe Falcon 2.0 isn't so unlikely but when ?
Coming soon would be in 2 months for me (X-mas is knocking ^^) or its only just a joke who knows

Polomo123 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:29 pm What should they add ?
Definitely advanced FM engine would be cool.
What about falcon as FX, well, frankly to say, personally my not see special benefit in this, due to ocean of already existing effects. The only thing, perhaps, if it will be implemented with good made envelope follower, ie modulation from incoming audio signal, then yes. Moreover it would be interesting for synthesis as well.
I even would say, just internal modulation from internal audio, it's would be already cool. I can only guess what things could be done considering modulation routing possibilities in falcon.

Charlie Firpo wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:25 pm Slic, it's both on their facebook and twitter: "Coming out soon.. stay tuned" and a video of a badass creature with wings. (No sound though). They sure got my attention 😂
Got it now- thanks, I didn’t play the video!
Definitely something falcon. Although I guess it could be a Sound bank...it does seem bigger than that though with that video so maybe...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Just wait for it....

Rubbing hands together!
CodeUltra Sounds - Makers of ARKEON Join us on Instagram: Daily Production Tips, Cool Art, Synth Stories.

Three instances of Falcon, some Macro- and volume automation, nothing else.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/nawamis

Four instances of Falcon, Macro and some volume automation.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/dolmen-of-menga

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:27 pm Just wait for it....
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm guessing here, but I would bet a slightly better layout, somehow some improvements to the UX. IMO MachFive3 it's predecessor was easier to grasp up front UX wise.

Hopefully it's a generous upgrade path... more like U-He than some of the greedier developers.

It's UVI

we got some similar situation with Synth Anthology 2
Intro price = €/$ 99
Synth Legacy and Synth Anthology v1 owners can upgrade for €/$ 49
Deals are valid until November 14, when the price will become €/$ 149

So with falcon 2.0 I think
possibly $400-450 (old Falcon $349)
Intro $280-300
And upgrade $150
Maybe with a $100 voucher

I hope I'm wrong :wink:
cause it would rip a hole in my budget and if there are no really groundbreaking stuff I will stick with 1.6.6

It is difficult to know what they could add, it is pretty feature rich!

I guess they can do more as a sampler and to make it easier for professional developers to release customised paid instruments so that they can take on Kontakt - I wish some would!

For me, I would just welcome workflow and GUI improvements, make it simpler, more intuitive....I don't find it too easy to get around (although its logical enough) and see what is happening....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Polomo123 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:15 am It's UVI

we got some similar situation with Synth Anthology 2
Intro price = €/$ 99
Synth Legacy and Synth Anthology v1 owners can upgrade for €/$ 49
Deals are valid until November 14, when the price will become €/$ 149

So with falcon 2.0 I think
possibly $400-450 (old Falcon $349)
Intro $280-300
And upgrade $150
Maybe with a $100 voucher

I hope I'm wrong :wink:
cause it would rip a hole in my budget and if there are no really groundbreaking stuff I will stick with 1.6.6
Mad speculation powers unite! :lol:

IMO it will stay at $349,
Intro price $249-289
Upgrade price $100-150. Likely $150

hopefully it's adding enough new features not to care too much about the upgrade price. :hyper:

They will probably add the plate reverb to fx?

SLiC wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:55 am It is difficult to know what they could add, it is pretty feature rich!

I guess they can do more as a sampler and to make it easier for professional developers to release customised paid instruments so that they can take on Kontakt - I wish some would!

For me, I would just welcome workflow and GUI improvements, make it simpler, more intuitive....I don't find it too easy to get around (although its logical enough) and see what is happening....
Yeah, to me more granular, acoustic modeling, FM, and sampler controls are always a plus. New FX are a given. I agree about the GUI, would love to see some of the same ergonomic approach U-He has with Hive or Arturia do with Pigments in Falcon.

I wish:

1. Amplitude modulation of individual multi envelope breakpoints (ala Absynth).
2. Simple editor for effect rack (current implementation is a bit tedious).
3. Audio routing feedback path.
4. More overdrive options (types) for Xpander filter.
5. Slice module: Detection mode beats/bars independent of sample length and transients (ala Kontakt).

Looking forward to whats to come.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Return to “Instruments”