Tracktionfest 2004?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, summer's here in London, and just in case I can't find enough excuses to spend time at the pub, I'd like to propose a gathering of local tracktioneers sometime during June or July..

I've no idea how many people would be interested and able to come along to this kind of thing, but I think it could be fun (or possibly frightening) to meet some of you and see what you're like. If there's just a few people, we could meet in a pub; if there are hundreds, then we could plan something more ambitious!

..so volunteers and suggestions please!

Lets all go to your place Jules.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

I'm definately up for this.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

well I've only just left the UK, and I doubt my boss will see the funny side of me taking another week off to go visit england, so I guess I'm gonna have to miss this.

:cry:
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

Now that's a good idea. I'd love to see you again Jules, but somebody would have to pay the plane ticket and the hotel for me - cause I'm basically dead broke. :cry:

Any wealthy Tracktioneers around here? :oops:

Hey Pädy,

well jens found a ticket from Kölle to Manchester for all in all about €80 @ www.easyjet.com

maybe you could try your luck there..... well since I can't go to the big vurtFEST - I'm quite tempted but guess I can't really afford it either (even if the plane's only €80)

multree wrote:Hey Pädy,

well jens found a ticket from Kölle to Manchester for all in all about €80 @ www.easyjet.com

maybe you could try your luck there..... well since I can't go to the big vurtFEST - I'm quite tempted but guess I can't really afford it either (even if the plane's only €80)
Thanks Multree,

When I was in London in november last year, I had been flying with easyjet too. I paid something around €50. So, the flight is the minor problem - it gets expensive when you're there. :roll:
And right now, I couldn't even spend 50 bucks for anything.
Maybe, if the Tracktionfest is in July, things will look better. Sigh.

Cheers, Pädy

Ah, yes... I was meant to post something about this wasn't I, Jules? Damned exams!

I'd really love to do this, too. However, I'm going to Norway on the 22nd of June, so it would have to happen before then if I were to be able to make it; alternatively, I return to the UK on the 25th of July, but I'll be working full time up in Coventry and I'll probably be busy recording my first album most weekends, so it'll be a bit tight. :-/

Personally, I'd prefer to wait till October, just because I'll be living in London (attending LSE) during the next academic year, starting October 6th. :-)

I think it would be good to have people like Valley and ModuLR there, if only for their contributions to the community. When are you back in the UK, Valley? And where the hell is Mod from? :-)

Martin
"Life is both a major and a minor key"
-- Travis, Side

Oh man I would definitely go to a Tracktionfest. Too bad I'm in CA.

optilude wrote:I think it would be good to have people like Valley and ModuLR there, if only for their contributions to the community.
Does that translate to free beer? ;)
When are you back in the UK, Valley?
Not until next year at the earliest. I can't afford to travel until at least christmas time, and my permanent resident interview is supposed to be happening some time around then, so I daren't travel until that is out of the way.

I'd like to meet a few of you people at some point, but the Tracktion community is so geographically diverse I suspect it's unlikely I'll ever get to have a beer with more than a few of you.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

AD80 wrote:Oh man I would definitely go to a Tracktionfest. Too bad I'm in CA.
I wonder how many Tracktioneers we have on the West Coast? I'm in Silicon Valley, maybe if we had enough folks we could have a mini Tracktionfest some place in San Francisco! :-o

Just thinking out loud. :D
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

woolyloach wrote:
AD80 wrote:Oh man I would definitely go to a Tracktionfest. Too bad I'm in CA.
I wonder how many Tracktioneers we have on the West Coast? I'm in Silicon Valley, maybe if we had enough folks we could have a mini Tracktionfest some place in San Francisco! :-o

Just thinking out loud. :D
International Tracktionfest with satellite link-up!!!

I think theres atleast 4 of us CA folk in the forum 8). Frisco would be good. Especially in the summer to escape the heat. But it just wouldnt be the same without the Tracktionator there.

I can get to London in a snap (or in a nap, given it's 2h30 from where I live). I'd be delighted to join, though I have to check also if my bank manager is alright with this :D (oh, and my girl too)
piaznest.com

multree wrote:Hey Pädy,

:-o :( -c'mon Mühlenbär - I thought you were coming as well :( if you don't say yes on your own I'm gonna call you and persuade you - might take a while but finally I'll succeed anyway :P :wink:

(b.t.w.: it's only about 56euros from here to Eastern Midlands, the rest is the train ticket from there to Manc)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Tracktion”