ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v3 TB Equalizer v4 TB ReelBus v3 TB ReelBus v4

I've got a question about reelbus 4, the latest version also has a simplified view ( labelled as master )
I wonder what the differences are between this mode and the record mode , sure record mode has more options but then again masterbus mode has bias controls etcc.

Could it be that masterbus parameters are just scaled parameters found in recorder mode , or is a totally unique mode ?

edit : just got a reply from Toneboosters , masterbuss mode is indeed a macro layer
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:20 am I've got a question about reelbus 4, the latest version also has a simplified view ( labelled as master )
I wonder what the differences are between this mode and the record mode , sure record mode has more options but then again masterbus mode has bias controls etcc.

Could it be that masterbus parameters are just scaled parameters found in recorder mode , or is a totally unique mode ?

edit : just got a reply from Toneboosters , masterbuss mode is indeed a macro layer
Yes, thought so. I never use it really. Always in record mode :)
ReelBus is very dark sounding with standard setting, so I brighten things up in record mode. This is impossible to do in master mode.

And the 1.4.2 is now out, with new Compressor V4 plugin, new DualVCF filter plus various improvements on other plugins...

DualVCF v1.2.0
New multi-resonant filter types
New filter supercharge option
Internal parameters are updated much more frequently for high-accuracy sweeps and modulation
New control to set pre-limiter output gain and limiter gain reduction visualization
Filter drive is now disabled when filter section is disabled
New color themes
Various efficiency, usability, and stability improvements

Barricade v4.4.1
Added numerical readout of compressor gain
Added option for continuous scrolloing of gain and loudness graph
Added option to show or hide the loudness analysis data
New color themes

Equalizer v4.2.6
State and position of controls window is now stored and reinstated when re-opening the GUI
Spectrum analyzer can now run on main input, output or side chain
Multi-touch gestures on iOS
Improved lasso behavior if snapping is enabled
Improved audio quality for filter sweeps with significantly faster internal updates
New color themes

Morphit v1.4.1
New headphone profiles: Status CB1, OB1; Sennheiser IE6, IE40Pro; Beyerdynamic T1 gen2; Fostex TH600, TH610, TH900; Bose QC 20, 25, 35 in passive mode; Bose QC35 mk2; Sennheiser HD580; Creative Aurvana; Creative Aurvana Gold; AKG N700NC, 1More Quad Driver, Razer Nari Ultimate, Razer Kraken X, Razer Kraken Pro v2, Skullcandy Venue, TIN Audio T2, T3; Audeze LCD1 (mk2; 2019)
New color themes

Enhancer v1.1.1
New color themes

ReelBus v4.3.1
Improved master mode audio quality
Master mode now has 'hystersis' control
New color themes

Reverb v4.3.1
Improved efficiency on Windows
New color themes

Compressor v4.0.0
First release

Wow that is quite an update! :party: :tu: :clap: :D

Thanks for the update! Great to see the new visual improvements and comp GR readout.

Very nice.

Excellent stuff :tu:

mabian wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:07 am
ReelBus v4.3.1
New color themes
So Bias has been replaced by Hysteresis? Just the name or does it also sound different?

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:13 am
mabian wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:07 am
ReelBus v4.3.1
New color themes
So Bias has been replaced by Hysteresis? Just the name or does it also sound different?
I think Hysterisis sounds different. It enhances the high end more than I can remember Bias doing, which is useful because the Master mode was taking away more of the high end than the Recorder mode. I compared an old screenshot from Plugin Doctor with 100% Bias and nothing else with a new one with 100% Hysterisis and the frequency responses look very similar, so I'm not 100% sure. I swear that the differences sound more distinct, though.

Thanks for checking it. :tu: I appreciate improvements, but you always have to be careful with updates that change the sound.

And what does "Improved master mode audio quality" mean? Does it address some of the concerns above where people were saying they avoid the Master mode?

You would think a 'Master' tape mode would have the cleanest, flattest frequency response - but was it quite heavy-handed?

I'm still on V3 btw :P

As of 2021, what are the TB must-haves that are above the competition?

I'm looking vs LVC, Sonible, Fuse Audio, Kush, Crave, Unisum, Black Rooster Audio, Melda, Fabfilter, TDR, Voxengo... do I miss any top company?

Barricade is a top notch limiter

Barricade, that's true.

Reelbus v4 is nice as a saturator with emphasis/de-emphasis EQ for targeting part of the spectrum. Wavesfactory Spectre can do a similar job but with a quite a different workflow and without the other tape emulation features.

Return to “Effects”