Question about sysex ( integra )

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a question regarding certain sysex messages .
I have notices that for the roland integra , the last two values are defining the parameter value change ( anaysed from unpack sysex ).
For example , here's the filter envelope depth for partial , the value (rectangle red )increases , while the value (rectangle green ) decreases

I then copy paste the array into a template module and make the next to last value a variable , and magically it works perfectly when sending out sysex , while the last value stays at 1( I could set the last digit to any other value , it keeps working )
So I wonder why is that last value changing (when receiving sysex ) , has this to with msb,lsb
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

It could be, but without seeing the SYSEX specs for the Integra, I'd be guessing, and a quick Google search turned up nothing. If you have the docs to hand, I could take a look.

If it isn't an msb/lsb pair, it may be that the final value is a checksum. Each value is unique in your output so I can't confirm this, but if you record more input and always get the same pairs (2, 116), (5, 113), etc, I'd wager that's what it'll be.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

hmm this is weird
When I change the filter type (or anything other) , I get a totally different sysex message in renoise
All done on cannel 1
Of course renoise shows hex values , but it also shows stuf that architect doesn't
Renoise

architect

and renoise
Eyeball exchanging

All , good renoise shows all hex
Eyeball exchanging

I am pleasantly surprised with the sysex handling , it works wonderfully for the roland integra
I know I am sort off re-inventing the wheel since there already is a full blown editor that works as a vst3 ( but crashes architect ..for the moment )
As long as the hardware device is able to send sysex (which architect captures ) it's just a matter of copy paste the data in a template and replace the parameter with a variable , and of course some deciphering :lol: , lot's of copy pasting since 'set midi channel 'module will not magically route the sysex data to a new midi channel , midi channels have to be inserted in the sysex data string
Next one the list is the yamaha tg77 :tu:
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Loomer”