activate (ALL) deactived tracks/groups, plugs....) at once

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a hidden "shorty/eystroke....") to activate (ALL) deactived tracks/groups, plugs.... at once?

My DEF-template contains just 3 Tracks. 1 BWS groovebox , 1 Polyme and 1 SINGER track. Not more...
This "template in this form" is JUST for quick-capature ideas. It needs just few CPU and let keep me my eyes to the RELEVANT!

Mostly this ideas are worthless after next morning/a week later... so i can trash....

But in 5% there is stuff, which its worth to go deeper...

In this CASE i would activate my whole TEMPLATE (=all my so far hidden tracks/plugs/groups.../) at once... instead dozens of dozens time to activate this, this.... and this...)

Any BATCH of this avaible?

harmoney wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:14 pm Is there a hidden "shorty/eystroke....") to activate (ALL) deactived tracks/groups, plugs.... at once?

My DEF-template contains just 3 Tracks. 1 BWS groovebox , 1 Polyme and 1 SINGER track. Not more...
This "template in this form" is JUST for quick-capature ideas. It needs just few CPU and let keep me my eyes to the RELEVANT!

Mostly this ideas are worthless after next morning/a week later... so i can trash....

But in 5% there is stuff, which its worth to go deeper...

In this CASE i would activate my whole TEMPLATE (=all my so far hidden tracks/plugs/groups.../) at once... instead dozens of dozens time to activate this, this.... and this...)

No.
The solution to this would be, if Bitwig would allow us to midi assign "activations" of Tracks and Devices.

Right now, only the "bypass on/off" for Devices can be Midi Assigned.

In case anyone is confused: there are two ways to turn off devices in Bitwig.
First: Enable/Disable, Second: Active/deactivate.
Only Deactivate unloads the Plugin out of the RAM and gets rid of its Latency!
1.jpg
The Activation can be controlled via the shortcut Alt+A, but this is totally insufficient for controlling a big liveset with dozens upon dozens of plugins.

If Activations would be midi assignable for all devices, we could easily create ONE button on our controller, which turns off/on all RAM / Latency inducing Devices.
This has to be asked to Bitwigs support email, as this feature doesn't exist yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

harmoney wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:14 pm

No, there is no such command.

The most expedient option currently is to organize your stuff well and only deactivate tracks, not individual plugins because you can multi-select tracks and activate them all at once. Likewise, if a group is deactivated, you don't need to deactivate the individual tracks inside.

So organizing with this in mind, you can activate/deactivate everything quickly.

thanks guys!

Return to “Bitwig”