Ableton has announced the release of Creative Extensions, which comprises eight tools designed for new sound design capabilities in Live. This collection includes new ways to pitch shift and sequence melodies and delays, creative and characterful studio processing, a device that creates reverb-like spaces, and two revamped Max for Live synths.
The devices include:
- Melodic Steps – a fast and intuitive MIDI sequencer for evolving melodies with an interface designed to encourage experimentation and new discoveries through play.
- Bass – a monophonic virtual analog synthesizer for bass sounds from classically deep and clean to heavily distorted, rumbling tones. Now with four individually tunable oscillators.
- Poli – a virtual analog synth designed for classic polyphonic chords and phrases. Its vintage character comes from de-tunable oscillators, a powerful modulation section, built-in chorus and more.
- Pitch Hack – a single delay line with transposition control, as well as the ability to reverse audio, randomize the transposition interval and fold the delayed signal back into itself.
- Gated Delay – a delay with a gate sequencer that sends the incoming signal to a delay line on activated steps. Much like a send effect that is turned on and off in a defined rhythm.
- Color Limiter – another flavor of limiting inspired by the gritty sounds achievable with hardware limiters. The Saturation and Color parameters are the key to its characterful sound.
- Re-Enveloper – a multiband envelope processor that divides the signal into three adjustable frequency bands. Attack and Release knobs control the responsiveness of the effect.
- Spectral Blur – creates sounds and textures best described as reverb-like. A user-defined frequency range of a signal is blurred to create a dense cloud of sound.
Creative Extensions were created in collaboration with Amazing Noises.
Creative Extensions are now included in Ableton Live 10 Suite. To buy Live 10 Suite, head to the Ableton Shop. Users who already own Live 10 Suite or own Live 10 Standard and Max for Live can download the devices directly in the Live 10 browser or from their account at Ableton.com.