W. A. Production has released InstaScale, a MIDI processing plugin for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Relative Playing. Experience the idea of relative notes and new possibilities to play musical instruments.
- Scales. A list of commonly known and used scales such as Major, Minor, Melodic Minor, Harmonic Minor, Spanish, Arabic, Major Pentatonic, Minor Pentatonic, Blues, In Sen, Hirajoshi and more.
- User friendly Interface.
- Edit or Add Scales.
- Home Note. The home note can be changed from the root to any other note on the scale making it possible to play different modes or accompany chord changes.
- Playing Keys with lots of options. For each of the 16 playing keys, there are two menus. The mapping menu, and the action menu. First one determines where the key is placed on the controller, and includes a list of MIDI notes. The second menu determines what the key does and includes some static and some relative options like 'Home', 'Repeat', '+1', etc. You can read more about the playing keys in the manual.
- Control Keys. There are several control keys that can be set and used to improve live performance. These keys provide an easy access to control and change the scale, octave, root and home parameters using MIDI notes on the controller.
- Root -/+, Scale -/+, Home -/+, Octave -/+. When assigned to a MIDI note, these keys can be used to change the Key (root), Scale, Home Note and Octave by switching up or down the values.
- Scale, Root, Home, Octave Switch keys.
- Poly: Multiple notes can be played simultaneously.
- Octave Shifter: Shifts the output octave up and down. Input octave can also be shifted to a more preferable playing position or to match the host's labels, using 'C2' menu.
- Pass through mode: By changing the mode to pass through, users can bypass the plugin play the target instrument normally.
- Map Playing and Control Keys.
- User's manual, online tutorials and support.
Price: $69. There is a launch discount of 80% off until 31st of July ($13,8).
Video preview: YouTube/COSzLF-IYto