Ableton has updated Live to v6.0.5 and also released the first beta of version 6.0.6.
Changes from Live 6.0.3 to 6.0.5
- Improved the 'Best' interpolation setting of the Sampler instrument.
- On Windows XP, Live can now address 3GB of memory in, if the /3GB flag is set according to this.
- Starting Live on Windows Vista would not longer disable AERO Glass.
- Several multi sample import improvements:
- Better handling of broken EXS files.
- Sorting imported multi sample parts list before saving Preset.
- Prevent buffer overflows on very long filenames/paths.
- Adding a particular Ableton effect on a multi core/processor computer could lead to a crash.
- Using Tap Tempo functionality on a multi core/processor computer could lead to a crash.
- Cropping a particular sample would lead to a crash.
- Flip parameter of the Gate device would not be saved in presets.
- Changing the value of Sampler's Morph filter could lead to a crash on an Intel-Mac.
- After installing or uninstalling a Live Pack from within the preferences dialog, the lower half of the Live Packs page would not longer visible.
- There was a problem with Instant mapping.
- After a rendering with Normalize enabled, the next rendering with Normalized disabled would render silence.
- When rendering a file with "Create Analysis File" enabled, the create asd file would not contain the correct loop and tempo setting.
- Under certain circumstances, a click on the "Device Activator" button of an Ableton effect or instrument could select the outer rack.
- When mapping a parameter to a toggle button on a MIDI controller, the parameter would not react to the button in if the ValueScaling mode was active.
- MIDI-Mapping Return tracks without mapping Arm-Buttons would not work.
- Under certain circumstances Live could crash when deleting a track with a VST or VSTi plug-in.
- when playing back very short samples, changing the transpose value of the Sampler instrument could lead to a crash.
- Doing Cancel in missing file search could lead to a high cpu load because an still running search operation.
- The cross fade mode 'Transition' would leak audio at extreme Positions.
- Under certain circumstances, deleting the Saturator effect device could lead to a crash.
Changes from Live 6.0.5 to 6.0.6b1
- Several text corrections.
- Fixed display problems with very wide windows on Mac. On a system with two 30" monitors it wasn't possible to resize the window to the entire width of both screens.