Akai Professional has announced their Advance Keyboard series. Available in 25-, 49-, and 61-key sizes, the Advance 25, Advance 49, and Advance 61 are designed to provide "unprecedented" playability and advanced manipulation of any virtual instrument via an interactive, full-color display complemented by performance friendly hardware controls.
The Advance Keyboard surface features an integrated high-resolution full-color 4.3-inch display, providing real-time control and feedback of any and all virtual instrument parameters. The screen adapts to the selected plugin's controls, delivering 1:1 access to the instrument and various editable functions.
The Advance Keyboard series is designed to work with any VSTi virtual instrument. Using the Advance keyboard's custom designed Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) software application an entire VSTi library can be controlled in one application. VIP operates as a plugin inside major digital audio workstations (DAW) or as a stand-alone application on both Mac and Windows.
Advance Keyboard Series Highlights:
- Keyboards for advanced virtual instrument performance.
- Integrated 4.3-inch high-resolution full-color screen with dedicated interface buttons.
- Screen provides 1:1, real-time feedback of plugin parameters.
- Available in 25-, 49-, and 61- key sizes.
- Includes Virtual Instrument Player software for unprecedented virtual instrument preset management, control mapping and multi patch creation.
- Premium, semi-weighted velocity-sensitive keybed with aftertouch.
- 8 large, endless and continuously variable control knobs.
- 8 velocity- and pressure-sensitive MPC pads with RGB illumination.
- Dedicated pad bank, transport control, octave, and performance buttons.
- Note repeat, time-division, pattern arpeggiator, and tap-tempo buttons.
- Rubberized Pitch and Modulation wheels.
- Expression pedal and footswitch inputs.
- USB and 5-pin MIDI Input/Output for use with any MIDI capable software or hardware.
- Also functions as a standalone controller.
- Includes a 16GB download with more than 10,000 sounds from leading virtual instruments from AIR Music Technology (Vacuum Pro, Transfuser, Velvet, Hybrid 3, Xpand!2) SONiVOX (Eighty Eight Ensemble) and Prime Loops.
Virtual Instrument Player Software Highlights:
- Plays virtually every VSTi compatible plugin.
- Operates as a standalone virtual instrument player for your computer.
- Also operates as a plugin within any AU, VST, or AAX compatible DAW.
- Organizes your plugin collection with intuitive browsing by plugin, artist collection, instrument type, timbre, and more.
- Access, edit, and mix up to 8 virtual instruments at one time.
- Setlist feature lets live performers switch between patches from any plugin instantly from the keyboard.
- Extensive key zone splitting, custom mapping, and instrument mixing options.
- Pre-mapped to hundreds of industry-leading virtual instruments.
- Unlimited instances of VIP may be run in a DAW.
Advance 25, Advance 49, and Advance 61 will be available in early 2015 at US retail pricing of $399.99, $499.99, and $599.99, respectively.