Ample Sound has released Ample Metal Ray5 (AMR) . It is the second instrument of the Ample Metal series and modeled on a Muaicman Stingray 5 Classic 5 strings bass, sounding hard and bright:
- AMR has a 4.7 GB sample library which records each single fret. No destructive editing and dynamic processing are applied.
- There are 8 articulations including Sustain, 2 kinds of Palm Mute (Mute and Half Mute), Dead Note, Hammer On & Pull Off, Legato Slide, Slide in & out.
- The Legato articulations can be used to achieve legato notes of any duration, pitch and polyphony.
Differences from other Ample Basses:
- 5 strings electric bass, the lowest note could be A0.
- Pick Attack Accentuation feature which can be adjustable to simulate the noise of pick stroke, bringing up more variations and realism.
- Automatic switch between Sustain, 2 kinds of Palm Mute and Dead Note by velocity layers. No keyswitch is needed.
- Bass Tab Player can play both 5-string and 4-string bass tabs.
Price: $119. An introductory price of $99 is available until Feb 20th 2016.
All demos are available for download as projects for different DAWs (e.g. Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools, Live or MIDI).