Analogue Press has released The Sampling Handbook, a step-by-step guide to creating a Kontakt sample library from scratch including recording, editing and scripting it for Kontakt.
The eBook has 150 pages of content broken down into the following categories:
- Pre-Planning Phase - Learn how to choose which instrument to record, how to best pre-plan your recording session, choose which microphones and pre-amps to use and how to get your recording environment set up correctly.
- Recording Session - Learn about how best to set your recording levels, how to organise your session, tips for working with the session player, how to manage the instrument, how to keep tuning consistent and more.
- Editing Session - Learn how best to use noise reduction on samples, pre-processing, pitch correction, session organisation, workflow, the waveform, chopping samples, transients, fades and fade types, naming structure, exporting your samples and more.
- Kontakt Scripting - Learn the basics of Kontakt scripting, extending the key ranges, working with groups & round robins, using automap, adding effects, adding factory scripts, adding custom wallpapers, adding a custom impulse response, exporting your instrument and more.
There are also two optional bundles too which have extra materials for those who want more including:
- "Kontakt Script: A Beginner's Guide".
- Sampling Video Series (15 in-depth video tutorials).
- Sales & Marketing Manual.
- Scripter Interview (with Evil Dragon).
- Webhosting & eCommerce Guide.
- Samples to practice with.
- Audiobook version of the Sampling Handbook.
Price: €39 (Solo Edition), €129 (Developer Edition), €199 (Premium Edition).
Use coupon "kontakt" for 25% off the full price (coupon expires 2nd March 2016)