AriesCode has announced the release of a massively improved version of AriesVerb - Feedback Delay Network Processor, the algorithmic multi-effects processor. It is available for Windows as a VST effect plug-in and costs €129. A demo version is available. Also, AriesCode now has a forum here at KVR.
AriesVerb v0.7.1 has an improved sound engine, a user interface, more modulation options, better performance, a complete manual and over 100 presets. The release is geared towards early adopters and fans of the already existing version, who are given an opportunity to get the new version at a reduced price.
Applications include, but are not limited to:
- FM effects.
- Distortion effects.
- Much more.
AriesVerb has been in development since late 2004 and is expected to be finished at the end of this year.
Changes since 0.4:
- Graphic User Interface. With an emphasis on 'graphic'. The user interface was designed to provide all the level of control needed while still being manageable.
- SSE optimization. This was done for improved CPU efficiency. It also means that AriesVerb now needs at least a Pentium-3 processor or an Athlon-XP processor to run. It will also take advantage of SSE2 when it is available.
- Multitap mode. It is now possible to break up each of the 4 delay lines into 4 shorter lines in between branch points (taps), the lengths of which are the 'inner geometry'. Using this feature, the structure becomes a 4x4 matrix of 4x4 matrices (= 16x16), with an echo density suitable for the simulation of natural spaces.
- Envelope Follower. There now exists an envelope follower as alternative modulation source. Using this feature allows for gated reverb, duck reverb and all kinds of transient delay effects (including building a straight look-ahead compressor).
- Preset Library + Browser. AriesVerb now comes with over 100 presets in multiple categories, including the all new "Natural Environments" modeled after real impulse responses. AriesVerb follows the philosophy of presets being single .fxp files organized in folders, making it easy for the user to manage the library.
Changes in v0.7.1 since 0.7:
- Added complete new PDF documentation.
- Added a new category for legacy AriesVerb presets.
- Improved the plate presets.
- Improved performance for the GUI startup time.
- Improved some UI consistency issues.