AriesCode has updated AriesVerb to v0.7.5 which also includes the first version for the Mac OS X platform (Intel only) - as a VST effect.
A small code optimization in the algorithm makes it run even faster on Intel processors. The default preset "Temple of the Ancestors" now uses less than 1% of a single core on an Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 2.2 GHz, while the sound is identically the same.
The handling of the preset browser was simplified. The 'save', 'load', and 'revert' buttons are gone, mostly because their function was highly confusing to most people. They were also highly redundant. To load a preset in the new browser, simply click on it. To revert, press UNDO (all load operations are undoable). To save, use the host's save as fxp feature.
- St Pauls (no modulation).
Changes in v0.7.5:
- Added complete support for the Macintosh OS X platform.
- Made preset browser handling more simple and less surprising.
- Removed the display brightness control (was a sucker for GUI performance).
- Further CPU optimization for the algorithm.
- Fixed illegal characters in some preset filenames for Mac OS X.
- All platform specific code was abstracted, to facilitate future porting.
Changes in v0.7.4:
- GUI multithreading hotfix.
- Better performance with many opened GUI windows.