Audio Vitamins releases Stochas - Randomising MIDI Composition Tool for Mac & Win VST & AU
Audio Vitamins have announced the release of their latest music production tool, Stochas, a MIDI step sequencer with a randomisation engine that will work in mono and polyphonic modes to creating evolving melodies, rich sounding accompaniment sections, as well as chaotic looping drum patterns.
Key features include:
- Groove template editor for total control of the feel of the patterns, with export and import from MIDI file.
- Chord input and predefined scales, make editing and inputting patterns quick and easy, without any knowledge needed of music theory.
- Polyrhythmic and polymetric pattern creation, with variable grid lengths up to 64 steps.
- Chaining of notes to create patterns and phrases that can be randomly selected within the sequence.
- Randomisation of note on time, velocity and length, with control for humanisation of playback.
- 4 layers each with individual controls for playback speed, rhythm, maximum polyphonic bias and 8 different patterns per layer.
- MIDI input recognition for control during live performances and playback at recording.
Price: $50. Available on Windows and OS X in VST, VST3 and AU. AAX to be released soon.
Download a 14 day demo here.