Audio Ease has released version 6.2 of Altiverb for Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista (all plug-in formats).
- [PT] Pro Tools 7.4.2, OS X 10.5.3 and Intel Mac compatible. The RTAS version has been fixed to work with optimal performance in Mac OS X 10.5.3 and Pro Tools 7.4.2. Earlier there was the need to exclude some processor cores from RTAS processing, the playback engine can now be set to the number of processor cores available.
- [PT TDM] The TDM version has a fix to make reloading a session with several Altiverbs active reliable. Data traffic to and from the DSPs could be hampered during load of a session, especially with an Expansion Chassis (ethernet or Magma) is connected. The fix makes the traffic reliable, albeit on a chassis somewhat slower.
- [PT ]The RTAS version has been made better compatible for exchanges between PC and Mac, and between HD and LE systems. A session with a TDM version inserted will now open an RTAS instance automatically when transported to an LE system.
- [PT MAC] Stopped CFM support for Pro Tools **.
- [PC] Compatibility with Sonar improved.
- [PC] Compatibility with Pyramix improved, Altiverb 6 XL surround options too.
- Removed several smaller problems.
- Added possibility to turn off auto update checking.
Important note for VST users using automation in VST sessions, as well as all Pyramix users: Due to necessary improvements in the handling of VST automation data Audio Ease have been unable to maintain automation in sessions made with Altiverb VST version 6.1.2 or before. Typically: gain knobs left at 0 dB in 6.1.2 or lower appear as +13.2 dB in Altiverb VST 6.2.0. This only goes for automation data. Regular saved settings appear fine. Pyramix users will see this in the loading of regular settings from sessions as well.
** From Altiverb 6.2 on Altiverb will not work anymore Pro Tools 6.x, Pro Tools 7 is required.