AudioKit Pro has released FM Player 2, a follow up to the FM Player iPad app (released in 2017) that has been featured by Apple, played by Herbie Hancock, and downloaded by over a hundred thousand musicians worldwide.
FM Player 2 is completely rewritten to support modern features like AUv3, a sequencer, dual layers, and new presets.
- AUv3 – iOS Audio Unit Plugin support.
- Vintage Arp & 16-Step Sequencer.
- 150+ New Presets. 3x Presets, less space.
- Vintage Stereo Phaser Effect.
- 1+ Gigabyte of sounds, compressed to under 200MB.
- Vintage Chorus, Flanger, Amp Simulator, and more.
- Dual layers per voice. Keyboard Splits. Morph between sounds.
- Full ADSR Envelopes for each Layer.
- Tempo-sync controls & Ableton Link.
- Mono glide & legato modes.
- Space-saving Compression. Update saves 100MB+ storage over FM Player 1.
- 3 LFOs. LFOs can modify other LFOs.
- Dual Independent Filters per layer.
- Dozens of other upgrades and fixes.
Price: $7.99 in the app store here. The app will be a free upgrade for all current FM Player owners. New users can buy it for 99 cents until August 15th.
The source code for the FM Player engine is available free: github.com/AudioKit/ROMPlayer