audiolatry has updated their free Mel-Lofi virtual instrument plugin for Lofi, Hip Hop and Pop styles to version 2.0.
New in version 2.0:
- GUI is changed to make room for new features;
- 4 completely new effects were added: delay, chorus, distortion with cabinet emulation, and reverb (different from the previous reverb);
- The background fx layers remain the same but they have new volume sliders and icons;
- A velocity knob was added, allowing users to play as usual with velocity sensitivity enabled, but also with fixed velocity like the original real instrument. The fixed velocity can be adjusted;
- The plugin now has 24 multi-sampled presets, with one more than the previous version. The preset is called Octave Strings and emulates old tape strings.
- 816 MB extracted size / 695 MB download size.
- 24 multi-sampled presets.
- 4 additional fx layers.
- Attack/release envelope.
- Cutoff for lowpass/highpass filters.
- Modulation section.
- Delay, chorus, distortion, cabinet & reverb.
- Velocity knob.
- Global gain and pan.
Video demo: YouTube.com/watch?v=Bj4rnqq2b38
Mel-Lofi is still available as freeware in the following plugin versions: 64-bit VST/VST3 for Windows and VST/VST3 & Audio Unit for macOS.