Avid has updated Pro Tools to v12.4.
- Offline Bounce post Plug-in audio from selected Instrument, Aux Input, or Audio Tracks directly in-place on the source track and deactivate plug-ins to reduce system usage.
- Freeze up to any point within the plug-in processing chain, rendering audio through one or more Inserts in while leaving those after it active for further mix adjustment.
- Continue to automate and mix on frozen tracks - all track parameters like volume, mute, and send settings remain editable while tracks are Frozen, along with the parameters and automation for any plug-ins that remain unfrozen.
- By default tracks are frozen up to the last used insert; no need to unfreeze a track before adding new Plug-ins to refine your mix.
- Easily Freeze all used outputs of a multi-out virtual instrument with intelligent detection of all tracks receiving plug-in output stems from a track that is to be frozen.
- Waveforms appear on Frozen Aux and Instrument Tracks; Instrument Tracks continue to show MIDI note source material beneath the waveform.
- Regenerate missing rendered frozen files: if all required plug-ins and source audio files are found when opening a session, you may choose to automatically regenerate all missing Frozen audio.
- Added Keyboard Shortcuts for Crossfade In and Crossfade Out settings in the Batch Fade Dialog.
- Crossfade In.
- Option-Left/Right = Crossfade Menu Options (Alt + Left/Right on Windows).
- Option-Up/Down = Shape (Alt + Up/Down on Windows).
- Crossfade Out.
- Shift + Option-Left/Right = Crossfade Menu Options (Shift + Alt + Left/Right on Windows).
- Shift + Option-Up/Down = Shape (Shift + Alt + Left/Right on Windows).
- Simplified Keyboard Shortcuts for Fade to Start and Fade to End, removing redundant commands.
- Fade to Start = Ctrl + D (Win + D on Windows).
- Fade to End = Ctrl + G (Win + G on Windows).
- Removed support for the redundant Option/Alt+D and Option/Alt+G instances of these key commands.
You can find an extensive list of Bug Fixes in the 12.4 Release Notes.