Bremmers Audio Design has released version 8.2 of MultitrackStudio. Highlight is the revamped Guitar Amp effect.
- Guitar Amp effect now features 3 stompbox effects. Each can contain Auto Wah, Booster, Chorus, Compressor, Delay, Echo, Flanger, Noise Gate, Phaser, Pickup EQ, Reverb or Tremolo. Comes with 40 presets by Christian C. Thompson.
- Guitar Amp now allows for loading your own speaker impulse response file.
- Convolutor effect now has Random button to make reverbs sound smoother.
- Windows: more VST DPI scaling options. The "Auto (VST, ugly)" UI size is replaced with "VST Scaling (ugly)" option. This can be used with any size setting, not just "auto".
- While the Automation button is engaged an 'A' appears on all controls which can be automated, so you can see what can be automated. (Pro edition).
- Edit menu now features several options for opening Multi MIDI Editor: you can show all MIDI tracks of a certain color, all MIDI tracks which have their editor open or all MIDI tracks.
- Edit menu has similar options for the Multitrack Editor. (Pro edition).
- Time Signature editor: Time Signature picker now allows for quickly picking any of the song's time signatures without having to type it.
- Noisegate effect: the Reduction knob now has immediate effect on sound, even if the gate was closed already.
- Touchscreen (Windows): the 'Vertical' knob mode now responds to vertical movements exclusively.
- Multiband Compressor compression algorithm didn't work quite right. (Pro edition).
- VST and AU automation sometimes wasn't stored in song file. (Pro edition).
Users who purchased MultitrackStudio after October 28, 2013 are entitled to lifetime free updates. Older versions can be upgraded: $39 (Pro) / $23 (Standard).