These new versions bring many new features and improvements, such as effects tail spillover support, improved presets navigation and switching, smoother bypass and a lot more (full change lists below). Also, Axiom 1.5's factory presets have been completely revamped to improve the tone discovery experience (details below).
The free update can be downloaded from the same location as the original full version (link received by email upon purchase). And all four plug-ins are on sale until November 5th (from 10 to 23% off). Existing Blue cat Audio customers will receive even better deals by email.
What's New For All Plug-Ins:
- Tail spillover: activate tail spillover from the toolbar to play effects tail when bypassed (available for the plug-in itself, sub-sections or built-in delays and reverbs).
- Arrow keys can now be used to navigate presets, in the main view or in the presets browser.
- The opacity of the tone map window can now be adjusted for built-in effects.
- Smoother presets switching.
- Improved smooth plug-in bypass (faster and smoother transition).
- Fixed: the state of some VST2 plug-ins (which do not save their state as chunks) were not be restored properly if their number of parameters had been changed (e.g. FabFilter Pro-Q's latest update).
- Mac: fixed GUI performance issues on native P3 displays and improved performance on other displays (details here: bluecataudio.com/.../slow-mac-how-to-fix-mac-gui-performance-issues).
- Mac: fixed mouse wheel that required large movements to change parameter values.
- Mac: fixed mouse cursor flickering issues.
- Mac: fixed Esc key not closing fine edit parameter dialog.
- Mac: fixed keyboard not responding in registration panel in some host applications (LUNA, Garage Band...).
- Mac Audio Unit: fixed plug-in listing in some host applications (Plogue Bidule, ...).
What's new for Axiom 1.5:
- New hi gain presets using custom impulse responses (IR).
- New responsive clean and crunch presets.
- Reduced loudness and spectral balance discrepancies between presets.
- Adjusted effects levels to preserve loudness when bypassed.
- Adjusted reverb levels on all presets.
- Most presets now support input overload gracefully (like "real world" amps): feel free to push the input gain by a few dBs.
- New default preset to get started quickly with the software.
- Fixed: built-in Late Replies sometimes cut delay tail when using plug-ins in the feedback loops.
- Fixed: output was mono when both A and B are off and I/O configuration is mono to stereo.
- New high resolution graphics for knobs and sliders.
What's New For PatchWork, Late Replies and MB-7 Mixer:
- Reduced disk footprint.
- Fixed: several issues with hosted plug-ins bypass (graphical glitches, untriggered bypass, ...).
- Mac: fixed demo version that could hang Logic when reloading projects using the plug-in.
- Blue Cat's Axiom: 159 EUR or $159 (instead of 199) until November 5th.
- Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer: 99 EUR or $99 (instead of 129) until November 5th.
- Blue Cat's PatchWork: 89 EUR or $89 (instead of 99) Until November 5th.
- Blue Cat's Late Replies: 99 EUR or $99 (instead of 129) until November 5th.