denise audio has announced the release of Perfect Plate, a new reverb plugin in Classic / Basic and XL versions, saying:
The TXVerb technology that drives the Perfect Room - a plugin many engineers regard to be the best sounding natural reverb - is also at the base of denise's newest plugin the Perfect Plate XL. The denise team believes that being able to take creative control over a plate reverbs temper, character and movement gives you the ability to design your perfect plate reverb.
The denise Perfect Plate gives you control over 5 aspects to shape your plate sound:
- How quickly the plate vibrates by setting the speed and steepness of the dampening curve.
- How long the plate vibrates by setting the tail length.
- How long it takes for the plate to react to the incoming signal with the pre-delay time.
- How much space the plate takes in the stereo field by setting the split and width features.
- How crazy the plate sounds by setting different creative effects that control character and movement.
denise audio continues:
With these features you can create a lush and rich vintage vocal plate: dark sounding, with a long tail and slow dampening. Or the perfect big rock drum sound: bright, with a short tail and fast dampening. Get really creative by combining the reverb's plate features with the built-in effects: create a lo-fi synth or industrial sound, add characterful imperfections or build cinematic & SciFi effects. You can even go as crazy as to create a synth out of your drums using the resonator effect. Get inspired by the many sounds and options.
The Perfect Plate XL highlights:
- Creative control over the plate's character and movement, with the 5 aspects that determine a plate's sound.
- Control over the plate's damping curve over time.
- Larger than life mono to stereo: Create a wide stereo reverb from a mono source without any phase issues.
- Rotator and Ducker: create movement by ducking and combining host-synced vibrato, tremolo, filtering and panning effects.
- Resonator: lets you inject metallic imperfections, build cinematic & SciFi effects or turn any audio source into a synth.
- Detune and Saturation: control the lofi and vintage quality.
- Resizable GUI
- Catalina support.
- Perfect for external FX: Used on a bus, you can combine the Perfect Plate with all kinds of effects to create character and excitement.
- TXVerb reverb technology: Unique algorithm that enhances natural character & coloration.
- EQ graph: Adjust the reverb's colour by shaping its frequencies and resonances in the built-in EQ graph.
Alongside the Perfect Plate XL, denise has also released a classic version called Perfect Plate. The classic version is "great for users who simply require a lush and great sounding plate". The XL version extends the sound design capabilities by adding an EQ graph, control of the damping slope and creative effects specifically tailored for this reverb.
Intro Price: €39 ($38/£29/¥3,955) for the basic and €79 ($76/£56/¥8,013) for the XL until 6 November, 2020. Euro prices include VAT, and both plugins are €49 and €99 on full price.