Cableguys have released v2.2 of ShaperBox, their effects suite "designed for modern mixes and infinite inspiration".
Comprising six Shaper effects – FilterShaper Core 2, TimeShaper 2, CrushShaper, VolumeShaper 6, PanShaper 3 & WidthShaper 2 – key new v2.2 features include stereo filter offset for spatial FX, easy 1-slider Envelope/Compressor, LFO editing enhancements, and 2x lower CPU usage in TimeShaper.
Check out Cableguys' "What's New in ShaperBox 2.2" article for a deep-dive overview.
To coincide with the update, Cableguys have released a new video tutorial, "How To Make Your Music Move", on achieving professional groove, movement and flow using the filters in ShaperBox's FilterShaper Core 2.
What's New in ShaperBox 2.2:
- New: Stereo Offset control for FilterShaper Core 2. Shifts left/right filter cutoff in opposing directions, up to 60 semitones, for stereo effects.
- New: Easy 1-slider Envelope/Compressor Editing. The Amount/Ratio and On/Off controls are now always accessible.
- New: Skew selection. Ctrl-drag a corner/side handle of the selection to adjust it vertically. Great for adjusting the intensity of your LFO over time.
- New: Draggable LFO parameters for Volume/Pan/Width Shapers. Shift the LFO waveform up/down in a click, and see the average LFO value at a glance.
- New: 'Move points to grid' command in Wave Editor menu, for snapping every point inside the selection onto the grid.
- New: Right-click any preset for 'Use as startup preset' option. Disable in the Main Menu's Startup section.
- New: Wave Switch Smoothing, for preventing clicks/pops when switching Waves via MIDI, automation, or clicking in the interface.
- New: MIDI Trigger LED to visualise MIDI note input, aiding setup.
- New: Reset Shaper via Main Menu, initialising to default empty preset or a Quick Preset.
- Improved: Snap to grid is now a toggle option and works for selections too. Hold Shift to temporarily toggle Snap.
- Improved: TimeShaper resampling algorithm is 2x lower in CPU, with even quieter interpolation artefacts.
- Fixed: TimeShaper Step Mode could change the sound of non-stepped audio-rate waveforms.
ShaperBox 2 Bundle is currently €79 / $89 in Cableguys' Black Friday Sale.
Existing ShaperBox 2 owners can download the v2.2 update for free from their Cableguys account.