Cytomic has released The Glue, a high quality analog modeled plug-in based on a cross between an E and G series SSL 4000 buss compressor with some additional features. It uses the same high quality algorithms used in circuit simulation packages but optimised for real time use. It's quick and easy to use and has an uncluttered interface.
Additions include an ultra-fast attack time of up to 0.01mS and a Range knob which backs off the compression to give incredibly natural sounding attacks and limits the maximum amount of compression applied. Also included are external sidechain support and an adjustable sidechain highpass filter.
- Accurate analog model of an SSL 4000 buss compressor.
- Ultra-fast attack time of up to 0.01 mS.
- Range knob to naturally control the maximum compression applied.
- Peak Clip to optionally hard limit transients.
- DSP coded using C++ and assembler, Interface coded using the Juce framework (C++).
- Serial number copy protection with generous license agreement.
- Gain reduction meter (dB) 0 to -20.
- Peak clip LED.
- Threshold (dB): 0 to -40.
- Range (dB): 0 to Full (-oo).
- Makeup (dB): 0 to 40.
- Attack (mS): 0.01, 0.1, 0.3, 1, 3, 10, 30.
- Ratio: 2, 4, 10.
- Release (S): 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.2, Auto.
- Compression In (Switch): On, Off.
- Mix (%): Dry 0 to Wet 100.
- Peak Clip (Switch): On, Off.
- Side-chain HP (Hz): Off, 20 to 2000.
- External Side-chain In (Switch): On, Off.
Pricing & Availability
Priced at $99, The Glue is available now as a VST effect plug-in for Windows and VST, AU and RTAS effect plug-ins for Mac OS X Universal Binary. An RTAS version for Windows will follow soon.