DDMF has announced that a major new version of Metaplugin has been released.
New in Metaplugin v3:
- An internal, fully automatic bridge between the 32 and the 64-bit world.
- A dedicated plugin browser/organizer.
- A VST3 version.
- A proper stereo sidechain input.
- Up to 4x oversampling.
- Support for Apple's native Audio Unit plugins.
- A bypass option for each loaded plugin.
All owners of Metaplugin v2 will be contacted via email regarding the update procedure.
Soon, there will also be a standalone version of the universal bit bridging solution that comes with Metaplugin, for those who decide they don't need all the other goodies that Metaplugin has to offer, and focus on the bit bridging part instead. It will offer seamless window integration for Windows and OS X, and both VST and Audio Unit plugin (the latter on OS X only, of course).