Devious Machines has announced the release of Duck, an instant sidechain pumper with custom curves, dual-band and triggering, available in VST2, VST3, AU and AAX plug-in formats for macOS and Windows.
Here's what they say:
Ducking, AKA sidechain compression, is one of the defining effects of modern music. From classic house to modern EDM, tracks by Daft Punk, Noisia and Eric Prydz ooze that pumping, ducking effect. Whether you're producing pumping house or broken beats, Duck delivers this in seconds, as well as trance gating, tremolo, and more.
Duck's draw-your-own curve window makes it easy to design a custom volume shape that repeats at a speed and depth of your choice. For more control, you can pump low and high frequencies at different depths, with an adjustable crossover to tune the two bands. Duck can also be triggered with audio from a sidechain input or by MIDI notes, making it respond to irregular rhythms or custom signals.
See and hear Duck in action: YouTube.com/watch?v=KWvyTLkX1BA
- Instant sidechain pumping as soon as you load the plugin.
- Cleaner, louder and more animated mixes.
- Choose from 8 quick preset curves or 72 creative and useful Duck patches.
- Draw your own curves and rhythms to use now, or save them later.
- Set the overall pump, or apply to low and high bands with adjustable crossover.
- Run Duck in Repeat mode, or trigger with sidechained audio or with MIDI.
- Smoothing control to remove clicks: including super-accurate pre-smoothing algorithm when in LFO mode.
- Run on individual tracks, groups or your master bus for different pump effects.
- Low CPU usage means you can run Duck on loads of tracks.
- Mac and Windows: VST2/VST3/AU/AAX plugin.
Price: £18/$24 for a limited time; £20/$27 thereafter.