Devious Machines has released Infiltrator, a multi-effect sequencer plug-in with curve editing that allows the user to create up to 10 custom envelope curves to modulate a choice of 28 effects. The user can combine effects curves in the sequencer or switch them on and off using MIDI.
Infiltrator's curves can be run as continuous LFOs, or as envelopes triggered by audio peaks. You can dispense with the curves altogether and modulate any effect using the audio input amplitude.
Infiltrator (VST/AU/AAX) is available now from Devious Machines at the introductory price of £69.00 (later rising to £99.99).
- Draw custom curves for up to ten effects.
- Choose from 28 effect modules, including filters, delays, loopers, pitchshifters and more.
- Effects sequencer animates your processing across up to 32 steps.
- 750+ presets by professional artists and sound designers.
- Four macro parameters offer more control over your sound.
- MIDI control to activate/deactivate effects.
- Global output effects include 11 types of distortion and 4 types of compression.
- Trigger curves as envelopes from audio peaks, or run them continuously as LFOs.
- Disable curve modulation and use the input audio envelope as a mod source instead.
- Independent speed control for each envelope – up to 100Hz for special effects.
- Clean Bass mode allows sub bass frequencies to pass through unaffected.
- Analogue-style filter types including Ladder, Model-20, Clean and 101 designs – all available in LP, BP and HP variants.
- Overdrive, Ring Mod, FM and Decimator.
- Delay, Looper and two types of Reverb.
- Pitch Shifting, Frequency Shifting, Phaser, Comb Filter and Formant Filter.
- Gain, Pan and EQ modules.
The Curve Editor:
- Choose a quick preset or go deeper by drawing a custom curve. You can also choose a randomized pattern or Euclidean rhythm. There's Swing adjustment, and pitch snapping for melodic uses.
- Using Infiltrator's sequencer, you can program up to 10 effects in combination to make your sound come alive. The sequencer repeats patterns of up to 32 steps, and each step can have its own length.