Eventide has released SplitEQ, an advanced equalization plug-in featuring patented Structural Split technology. The culmination of a multi-year effort, Eventide says SplitEQ works in a fundamentally different way from traditional EQs. It's a new approach for corrective and creative rebalancing, enhancing, repairing, and widening any musical signal or other audio source.
SplitEQ is a parametric EQ with eight bands of precise, musical filters. What's new and different is Eventide's powerful Structural Split engine which divides the incoming audio into separate Transient and Tonal streams that feed the eight bands. This approach makes common EQ problems easy to solve even in a complex mix and opens up new musical possibilities.
Eventide's founder, Richard Factor, said:
We're incredibly proud of what our developers have accomplished. They've built on the Structural Split technology at the heart of our earlier plug-in, Physion, to do something truly groundbreaking: SplitEQ is a fundamentally new type of musical tool.
SplitEQ takes the sound of structure into account. It splits any sound into two streams, mimicking human perception of its tonal and transient elements. After that, you can cut or boost only that part of the sound on which you're focused. SplitEQ is not just a corrective tool. It is also a new type of creative tool for adding dimension to mixes through its independent Left/Right and Mid/Side panning options.
As one of SplitEQ's developers, Peter McCulloch, put it:
We can all hear the transient and tonal parts of a sound, shouldn't our EQs?
SplitEQ features a real-time spectrum analyzer so one can see and hear the sound in new ways. Solo only the transients, a single band, or only the transients on a single band. Use this analyzer to track down problematic resonances or transients by displaying the tonal and transient streams separately, adding a new dimension to your troubleshooting toolkit.
- 8-band parametric EQ with pristine musical filters.
- EQ Transient and Tonal parts of a sound separately using Eventide's patented Structural Split technology.
- Control Transient and Tonal Output levels.
- Enhance the stereo-field with continuous Transient and Tonal panning controls (L/R and Mid/Side modes).
- Control the underlying Split technology for fine tuning and experimentation.
- Globally scale the EQ curves together or independently.
- Peak, Notch, Bandpass, High Shelf, Low Shelf, Tilt Shelf, High Pass, and Low Pass filter types with slopes from 6 to 96 dB/octave.
- Innovative real-time spectrum analyzer displays the Transient and Tonal streams independently.
- Comprehensive Presets Library includes 150+ presets.
- A/B buttons allow quick auditioning of two presets or settings plus Undo/ Redo functionality.
- Resizable GUI with zoom options.
Intro Price: $99 until January 3rd, 2022 (Reg. $179).