Flux: has updated Spat Revolution to version 1.1 containing a range of improvements and optimizations to the GUI, the Automation and OSC implementation, the Spat Plugins, the Speaker Configuration and the overall software stability.
In addition to this, an extensive list of new features and functions has been implemented enhancing system configuration setup and external integration, and improving the user interaction and creative workflow, including:
- Added local audio path support for AU, VST and AAX Spat Send and Spat Return Plugin: This provides the ability to route audio to and from your DAW software via AAX, AU and VST Spat Send and Return Plugins for a complete local integration on your local computer.
- New speaker arrangement presets and enhanced Speaker Config dialog with normalization function, background image and new editing modes: This simplifies the creation and editing of speaker arrangements.
- Added ability to change listener position with 6 degrees of freedom (X, Y, Z, Yaw, Pitch, Roll); working in all different room types (fully automatable): Supporting Automation, OSC and Real Time Tracking System control.
- Added Real Time tracking system integration (BlackTrax RTTrPM protocol) for sources and listener positions): This provide the ability to integrate BlackTrax RTTpTM protocol for real-time tracking with tracking beacons assigned to a source or listener position.
- Added support for non-relative direction of the source: This change the behavior of the source where instead of a continuous direction YAW following the center of the room or listening position, sources now have the option to keep their direction (YAW). Source to keep their direction YAW instead of always pointing to central reference point).
- Added Reverb functions including "Late Reverb" Factor and "Main Reverb" Gain, Reverb Early/Cluster/Tail on/off per source and import and export preset function: This includes additions to reverb section of sources and main reverb section of each rooms.
Other additions include:
- Improved multi-channel and multi-source handling with new source coordinate mode option. Polar and Cartesian are provided:
- In Polar, AED (radiation) parameters will be sent by default to OSC whenever changing X, Y Z or AED parameters. (Note the ability to force AED or XYZ in OSC preference for specific OSC Output slots) The Radiation system will be the internal functioning mode of coordinates and incoming XYZ parameters will be interpreted in Polar.
- In Cartesian, XYZ coordinates will be sent by default to OSC whenever changing X, Y Z or AED parameters. (Note the ability to force AED or XYZ in OSC preference for specific OSC Output slots) The Cartesian position system will be the internal functioning mode of coordinates and incoming AED parameters will be interpreted in Cartesian.
- Add duration to Spat Plug in parameters: Spat Send plugin now includes individual and global duration parameters to the Spat Send Plugin allowing to execute parameter changes in a set duration time.
- Added HOA Decoder settings in transcoder.
- Added OSC Implementation: Implementation includes new ping pong property, OSC Message creation from Python, Send Objects Index as OSC argument and add a function that send all the position data (aed) simultaneously to the selected osc output. Duration and timing support.
- Added Master Routing patch options.
- Added Global Room Gain and room presence factor.
- Scaling factors added (distance, elevation, barycentric scale, and various others).
- Added "Convert To Hardware IO" to convert blocks from Send/Return to Hardware IO.
- Enhancement for AAX VENUE S6L plug in including duration parameter attached to each Spat Plug in source parameters: The Spat Send plugin now includes individual and global duration parameters to the Spat Send Plugin allowing to execute parameter changes in a set duration time.
- Enhanced HRTF implementation and HRTF files management.
- Optimized 3D Nebula display.
- General optimizations to the GUI, the Automation and OSC implementation, the Spat Plugins, the Speaker Configuration and the overall software stability.
Full Release Notes: www.flux.audio/spat-revolution-v1-1-release-notes
Demo Version: www.flux.audio/spat-trial