Glitchedtones and Hidden Sound have released Urban Gongs, saying:
A truly unique percussion instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt, Urban Gongs features the sounds of various object impacts recorded with a Geophonic microphone, producing interesting low frequency oneshots which will inspire your rhythm tracks and sound design whether you work in electronic music, film scoring or game audio.
Featuring a main kit of 64 raw, unprocessed hits and 9 custom instruments showing off what is possible with some processing, Urban Gongs enables the building of full rhythm tracks or the creation of background enhancements for your existing beats with ease, no matter what genre you are working in.
- 10 Kits:
- Urban Gongs Raw – 64 raw, unprocessed hits.
- Boomer – Low end heavy kick drum elements.
- Mallow – Designed, digital mallet instrument.
- Monobass – Dirty, one octave bass.
- Plucked Up – Simple synthesized pluck.
- Rewind – Subtle whoosh FX.
- Softly – Mellow keys.
- Sprite – Retro video game lead.
- Staccato String – Orchestral vibes.
- Tranquility – Soaring, minimal pad.
- User Interface:
- Master level.
- Filter with Cutoff and Resonance.
- Envelope with Attack and Release.
- EQ – Low, Mid, High.
- Effects – Reverb, Delay and Chorus.
- Samples: 64 original WAV files included for use outside of Kontakt.
- Playability: Optimized for 64 pad MIDI controllers. For standard MIDI keyboards the main kit is mapped C1 – D#6. Custom kits start and end on various notes.
System Requirements: Full version of Kontakt 6.5.3 and above (Does not run in the free Kontakt Player).
Intro Price: £10 (Reg. £20).