Glitchedtones & Hidden Sound release Whale Bone Percussion for Kontakt
Glitchedtones and Hidden Sound have released Whale Bone Percussion for Kontakt, saying:
We played a Whale vertebrae found washed up on a remote beach in Iceland with drum sticks and mallets, sampled it using high quality contact microphones and loaded the recordings into Kontakt to bring you this truly unique percussion collection which will inspire your rhythm tracks whether you work in electronic music, film scoring or game audio.
Featuring 4 main kits of raw, unprocessed hits and 6 custom kits showing off what is possible with some processing, Whale Bone Percussion enables the building of full rhythm tracks or the creation of background enhancements for your existing beats with ease, no matter what genre you are working in.
- 10 Kits:
- Drum Stick Bank 01 – 64 raw, unprocessed hits played with a drum stick.
- Drum Stick Bank 02 – 64 raw, unprocessed hits played with a drum stick.
- Mallet Bank 01 – 64 raw, unprocessed hits played with a mallet.
- Mallet Bank 02 – 64 raw, unprocessed hits played with a mallet.
- Classic Kit – Classic percussion.
- Crushed Kit – Bit crushed and degraded.
- Dark Ambient Kit – Cinematic mood with huge reverb.
- Glitch Kit – Clicks and cuts.
- Grain Kit – Granular style FX.
- Harmonic Kit – Resonant hits tuned to a single adjustable pitch.
- User Interface:
- Master level.
- Filter with Cutoff and Resonance.
- Envelope with Attack and Release.
- EQ – Low, Mid, High.
- Effects – Reverb and Delay.
- 256 original WAV files included for use outside of Kontakt.
- Optimized for 64 pad MIDI controllers. For standard MIDI keyboards main kits are mapped C1 – D#6 and the custom kits C1 – B1.
Requires the full version of Kontakt 6.5.3 and above. It does not run in the free Kontakt Player.