Korg has announced the new KR-55 Pro, a multi-function rhythm machine that's also equipped with mixer/recorder functionality.
The KR-55 Pro gives you an easy way to enjoy jam sessions with the backing of real drum/percussion sounds. It provides a rich variety of input jacks, mixer functionality, effects, and equalizer, as well as a versatile recorder that can record to an SD card. The intuitive interface means that there's no need for complex programming. Battery-powered operation allows complete mobility from desktop to street performances, or use in a variety of situations including live events in small spaces.
- 24 built-in drum/percussion styles that were recorded live using KORG's proprietary "Real Groove Technology.".
- Each rhythm style includes a rich variety of patterns: two variations, basic, fill-in 1, fill-in 2, and ending.
- Use the chain function to create a rhythm structure for an entire song, and play it automatically.
- A rich array of input jacks includes one XLR mic input, two guitar/bass inputs, and a stereo AUX input, allowing multi-channel mixing.
- A high-quality reverb effect and equalizer are provided, giving you the freedom to shape your sound.
- You can perform along with a rhythm style, and record the combined result as an audio file on an SD card.
- Multi-track recording is supported, allowing you to produce more sophisticated tracks.
- The tuner function features a large meter for good visibility. You can also tune while hearing a guide tone.
- Acoustage technology delivers a spacious sound.
- The unit can be powered on six AA batteries, allowing up to seven hours of use.
- A separately sold foot switch lets you control the unit with your foot.
KR-55 Pro is expected to be available in March.