NAMM 2018Korg announces prologue Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Korg has announced prologue, a new hardware polyphonic analog synthesizer.
prologue is a fully-programmable, full-featured, professional synthesizer. Preceded by the four-voice polyphonic minilogue and the monophonic monologue, it's the long awaited debut of the flagship: the prologue.
prologue is a polyphonic analog synthesizer equipped with a full-sized keyboard. With powerful analog circuits that are descended directly from the earlier models of the series, together with a newly developed digital multi engine and DSP-based effects, prologue expands the variety of sounds and the possibilities for user customization.
The lineup is comprised of two models that cover musicians' needs for not only stage use, but also studio, home, or touring use:
- The 16-voice 61-key prologue-16.
- The 8-voice 49-key prologue-8.
- 16/8-voice analog synthesizer circuit.
- Newly developed multi-engine equipped with three types: noise, VPM, and user.
- High-quality digital effects.
- An open API (Application Programming Interface) for user-created oscillators and effects.
- Newly developed L.F. COMP. (Low Frequency Compressor) analog effect (prologue-16 only).
- Bi-timbre support.
- Voice modes that allow voices to be flexibly recombined.
- Arpeggiator equipped with a variety of types and range settings.
- Program Sort allows rapid access to 500 programs.
- Japanese-made high-quality natural touch keyboard.
- Oscilloscope function shows the waveform visually.
- Tough and stylish body made of aluminum and wood.
- Sync with another groove machine to enjoy jam sessions.
- Lineup includes a 16-voice 61-key model and an eight-voice 49-key model.
prologue is expected to begin shipping in February. MSRPs are $2,200.00 (prologue-8) and $2,800.00 (prologue-16).