Here's what they say:
The Steingraeber E-272 Concert Grand Piano is praised by many pianists as being one of the most distinctive and outstanding instruments on the market today. The physically modelled virtual instrument for Pianoteq 6 is authorized by Steingraeber & Söhne and designed to capture the characteristic Steingraeber sound with a range of presets offering different colours suitable for various types of music.
Steingraeber offers creative ways for more delicate playing: a Sordino pedal activates a very thin strip of felt inserted between the piano's hammers and strings; a Mozart Rail reduces key depth and hammer to string distance for playing more softly; the surface of the treble soundboard is reduced, hence strings have 27% less wood weight to set in motion and even when softer intonation is called for, the player is rewarded with an immediate, singing resonance. This makes the E-272 perfect for the performance of 18th and early 19th century music, while also being suited to the percussive requirements of the 20th and 21st centuries. Pianoteq lets you benefit from all these features.
Changes in Pianoteq v6.2.0:
- New instrument: the Steingraeber E-272.
- New pedal: the Mozart rail.
- Minor revoicing of all grand pianos.
- Pianissimo behaviour improved for all grand pianos.
- The preset manager can now be resized (when detached from the main window).
- On Windows and Linux, the main menu is automatically hidden in fullscreen mode.
- (2018/06/14) Fixed an issue of the trial version that could sometimes produce a loud noise on first note played.