Nikolozi has updated Mela, a virtual analog synthesizer and a multi-effects module for iOS, to version 2.2.
Compressor / Limiter:
- Added a new high quality low-distortion compressor.
- When ratio is set to infinity it acts like a limiter.
- In Mela, it's applied after all voices are summed.
- In Mela FX, it's applied to the wet signal after filters and FX.
- Visualize compression using its transfer function graph and gain reduction meter.
- The mix parameter let's you do parallel compression.
- Adjustable knee width let's you control compressor aggression.
- Drag the transfer function pad horizontally to adjust the threshold and vertically to adjust the ratio.
- The gain reduction value shows the maximum reduction level. It resets when gain reduction becomes 0 for more than 500ms.
- Added peak metering. Max peak holds are set to 1s.
- In Mela, metering is added for the output signal.
- In Mela FX, metering is added for the dry and wet signals.
- The max peak value is displayed as text until levels drop to -inf.
- When the signal is clipping the metering components turn red.
- The top bar layout changed in both Mela and Mela FX to better accommodate new features.
- The Preset Selector's context menu and the Preset Browser's more button (ellipsis icon) have been merged into a single menu. It is accessible via the new button next to the Preset Selector.
- Parameter controls now send automation states to hosts, such as control touch and release. Note that, this functionality may not be supported by all DAWs.
- Module tab buttons now highlight when touched.
- The app now displays the system status bar. This makes it easier to interact with the iPadOS 15 multi-tasking features.
- Improved error handling throughout.
- Added a link to the Mela Forum site in the app's settings. If you experience any issues or for any feedback please post there.
- Many internal changes to prepare Mela for future features.
- Fixed the User Guide view toolbar not displaying correctly on iPadOS 15.
- Added standard keyboard shortcuts for Settings and User Guide views.
- Updated user guide.
- Added new presets.
Download the update from the App Store.