oeksound has announced soothe2, a complete rewrite of the original soothe plug-in, offering improvements in performance and sound while adding many new features. These include the expansion of the processing to full frequency range, the addition of attack and release speed parameters, and the inclusion of two processing modes suitable for different situations.
- Completely overhauled processing algorithm.
- Full frequency range operation.
- Attack and release speed adjustments.
- Two different processing modes for different uses.
- Full mid/side processing.
- Lower latency.
- Lower CPU load all-together, along with an even lighter Eco quality setting.
- Quality settings can be adjusted separately for offline rendering.
- Rewritten graphics rendering to offload most of the GUI drawing to the GPU for improved FPS even on older machines.
- Sidechain input.
soothe2 has been in the works for a long time, the development starting soon after the release of the original plug-in. Since the original soothe, we've redesigned and reimplemented our whole codebase for better performance and improved maintainability. For soothe2 we've evaluated a lot of excellent ideas and feedback received from the users of soothe. A lot of the ideas have made it into to product. We're grateful for all the feedback and support we've received over these couple of years: thank you.
soothe2 will be released on 23rd of January, 2020, priced at 199€. Upgrades for soothe owners will be 50€.
soothe2 is on display at The NAMM Show starting today (booth 14600).