Overloud has released EQ84, a simulation of the most renowned Discrete Class A British EQ, one of the most desired EQ modules in the history of recording and mixing. All the components of the original circuit have been modeled, including the rich harmonics and saturations that naturally occur when the equalizer is operating.
EQ84 is the fourth product in Overloud's Gems plugin line, dedicated to mixing and mastering.
- Realistic simulation of the original British Class-A EQ, thanks to the 4th generation DSP technology.
- 6 bands eq: 2 shelving, 2 peaking, 1 high cut, 1 low cut.
- Individual band Cue.
- Continuous frequency selection.
- Mic/Line preamp simulation.
- Simulation of all transformers in the original unit.
- Low CPU usage: more than 1500 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina.
- Multilevel undo-redo.
- A/B Comparison.
- Lots of presets designed in real mixing sessions.
EQ84 extends the features of the original hardware:
- Band Cue: the Cue button allows to hear the part of the frequency spectrum that is being affected by that band.
- Continuous Frequency Selection: while the original hardware has preset frequencies only, the EQ84 allows to select all the intermediate frequencies.
- Additional Mid Band: while the original hardware has one Mid band only, Overloud added a second band for increased flexibility.
EQ84 introductory offer
EQ84 is available as VST, AudioUnit and AAX plug-ins as well as stand-alone application, 32 and 64-bit for macOS and Windows operating systems.
EQ84 is available at the introductory price of €89 / $89 until June 4th 2017. The list price is €139 / $139.