Phonolyth has announced the release of the Velvet Machine effect plugin for macOS (AU / VST3) and Windows (VST3), previously available only for iOS (AUv3). The Mac version is also a Universal 2 Binary, meaning it runs natively on both Intel and Apple Silicon.
Velvet Machine is a sonic texture generator / blur / non-linear reverb effect based on real-time convolution with enveloped velvet noise. It's designed to:
- Stretch and blur out even short sounds to lengths of up to 10 seconds.
- Produce reverb-like textures with flexible volume envelope (including reverse, fading in and out, pulsating etc.).
- Work as a variable density random multi-tap delay (bordering on granular-like sounds).
- Flexible volume envelope with arbitrary number of segments and curvature.
- Effect time ranging from 50 ms to 10 s.
- Response density adjustable from 1 to 2000 repeats per second.
- Predelay up to 1 s.
- Host tempo sync for time and predelay.
- High cut and low cut filters for the effected signal.
- Mix adjustable from 100% dry to 100% wet with no dry signal.
- Mix Lock to switch presets while keeping the dry/wet mix constant.
- Fully resizable vector-based UI.
- Cross-platform preset format.
Intro Price: $16 until June 1st 2021 (Reg. $32).
The iOS version is also on sale: $3.99 (Reg. $7.99).
Promo video: YouTube/7nOnBqf5HpU