Puremagnetik has released Fathoms, an ambient processor that can turn anything into a glacial soundscape, harmonic drone or endless pitch-shifted space.
Fathoms spectrally processes incoming audio and routes it through a resonating, physically modeled space. Within the defined dimensions, it can pitch shift and send audio through a complex delay matrix. The sound can be further augmented through filtering, spectral freezing and amplitude modulation. You can dive into deep sound design or simply use Fathoms as a reverb effect:
- Spectral Pitch Processor: Fathoms spectrally analyses all incoming audio so that you can pitch shift or freeze it.
- Filter: Tone sculpt the post-processed audio with simultaneous high and low, Moog style ladder filters.
- Delay Matrix: Pre-reverb, all audio is sent through a delay matrix with amplitude modulation and feedback controls. The amplitude modulation is a variable random amount (adjustable with "Swell") to give the effect a sense of natural modulation before it is routed into the resonant reverb.
Fathoms is currently offered as part of Puremagnetik's Spark subscription for $8 per month. After one month it will become back-cataloged for a la carte purchase at $20 USD.
- OS X 10.8 or Windows 10 x64.
- Audio Units or VST compatible audio host.