RF Music has released Scale Player, a MIDI processor VST plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Scale Player is a MIDI processor plug-in that allows a user to play different scales in any key and mode using the idea of relative notes rather than static note values.
The plug-in calculates the intervals between pitches based on the selected scale and the user can move up and down the scale playing melodies, arpeggios or even chords using a few keys.
The result is an unusual way of playing instruments, which can be fun, inspirational and much easier to play since you don't have to worry about hitting the wrong note, memorizing all the scales in all the keys and practicing complex riffs and phrases that can be a challenge to play the usual way.
- Different playing mode: Play instruments using relative notes rather than fixed notes.
- Scales: 12 most commonly used scales such as Major, Minor, Spanish, Arabic, etc. More scales will be added in the future.
- Modes: Play different modes by changing home note. For example play D Dorian in C Major scale by setting home note to 2nd. This is also useful to play over chord progressions.
- Changing settings: Change the scale, key, home note and octave with assigned MIDI notes while playing live or arranging.
- Flexible mapping: Assign controls and playing keys to more preferable MIDI notes.
Read more about the plug-in, download and try the latest version from here.