SKnote has announced PSLTubeComp, described as a Custom Tube Compressor with lots of attitude.
SKnote says "We made it the hard way: designing an original tube device, building it in the lab, analysing and modeling it as a software tool. The result is lots of attitude in a virtual Tube Compressor that will make your drums, bass, and much more happy."
SKnote teamed up with prostudiolive.com (note the "PSL" in the name) and this is the first in a dedicated series of new tools, with the double goal of sharing experiences and having them included in their edu stuff.
SKnote say that just a little bit of this one on a mix will really help to glue things together, from transparent to extreme. Some parallel processing can be useful in mastering, too.
- Modelled on a component level after a custom designed and built aggressive tube compressor with a tube power supply.
- Integrated with more modern features like a true autogain.
- Multi-options sidechain filter.
- Control on Attack and Release time constants.
- Continuous "mode" control, from VCA to Optical (complex time constants). From edgy to round.
- Direct control on tube circuit bias, from clean to overdriven.
- Parallel processing.
- Clever Copy/Paste and preset management system.
PSLTubeComp is being released 14 Oct 2019 (MSRP: $49.99) as VST/AU/AAX and is currently available with a pre-buy special offer at $29.99.