Sonimus has announced the release of StonEQ 4k - Satson series, a plug-in inspired by the idea of mixing the best of the 4000 EQ's two units: The Brown version and the Black version.
An example: When using the "Width" control, a user will notice that from 0% to 49% the equalizer is rather surgical -- mostly used to "repair" audio as well as to eliminate unwanted resonances or frequencies. In this sense, the band behaves more like the Black unit. However, when employing a width from 50% to 100%, the band is designed to become more musical.
In addition, StonEQ 4k features its own unique form of saturation, ranging from subtle to aggressive.
- Refined analog style. Four bands and two filters.
- Highs: Featuring selectable high shelf or bell filter.
- High Mids: Ranging from 300 Hz to 7000 Hz.
- Low Mids: Ranging from 100 Hz to 3000 Hz.
- Lows: Featuring selectable low shelf or bell filter.
- Filters: Featuring low pass and high pass filters.
- Saturation Ranges from very subtle, passing through "warm" levels, all the way to levels approaching overdriven.
- Output to level the output volume.
- A/B switch for A/B comparison.
- Presets system to create and edit both user and factory presets.
- Support for HQ screen resolution (Retina).
- Optimized for real time usage.
- Internal 64-bit floating point double precision.
Price: $59. There is an introductory price of $49.